Poodle Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Credit card.

I've heard some people are starting to dispute the charges with their credit card companies, since Holland America is now refusing refunds. Not sure if any have been successful.
You figured out where I was going with my question. It is certainly worth seeing what the credit card company will do for you. My cards have been pretty helpful on the occasions when I needed to challenge charges.

·
Super Moderator
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You figured out where I was going with my question. It is certainly worth seeing what the credit card company will do for you. My cards have been pretty helpful on the occasions when I needed to challenge charges.
Will definitely keep this option in mind. It's so hard to know when to take action and when to be patient. This is all unprecedented.

One point I've seen made, which is valid, is that cruise lines are currently sitting on huge amounts of customer money, interest-free.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Will definitely keep this option in mind. It's so hard to know when to take action and when to be patient. This is all unprecedented.

One point I've seen made, which is valid, is that cruise lines are currently sitting on huge amounts of customer money, interest-free.
I would start the complaint with your credit card company sooner rather than later. There is usually a deadline. Scammers often string people along until the credit card reporting deadline has passed, and then the money is theirs. While this cruise situation isn't exactly a scam, I'm sure they know the same tricks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good for you. The ship won't sail, so it's difficult for them to justify keeping the money.

Are they possibly waiting until past your departure date?

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Excellent news!

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
WE GOT OUR REFUND!
Wow! That is wonderful, and amazing.
I wonder if everyone will be refunded? The tour companies are going to be loosing a lot of money, and sadly possibly going bankrupt.
My sister is going to try tomorrow to get out deposit back for a home rental that would have been in April which was big enough for our family of 15 in Colorado. Crossing my fingers.

·
Super Moderator
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Wow! That is wonderful, and amazing.
I wonder if everyone will be refunded? The tour companies are going to be loosing a lot of money, and sadly possibly going bankrupt.
My sister is going to try tomorrow to get out deposit back for a home rental that would have been in April which was big enough for our family of 15 in Colorado. Crossing my fingers.
I believe they cut the refund option shortly after we filled out the paperwork, and for later sailings have begun offering credits only. I'm not sure if travel insurance would then kick in.

Hope your sister is able to get your deposit back., or at least a credit toward a future stay. That's what I opted to do with our hotel reservation. We'd booked through hotels.com and received a decent bonus for taking that option. And their credit doesn't expire, unlike the one our cruise line was offering.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I’m so glad you got your money back.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti
41 - 56 of 56 Posts