Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dog was listed on kijiji several months ago- older then i wanted- but i did inquire about her. (she'd been also listed over six months ago for 500.00)

it ends up it's someone i 'know' through the horse world. i have no question this dog will go to the SPCA> I had replied i was still interested in this dog and never heard back. Then a week ago i got an email- the home they had lined up 'didn't work out' was i still interested.

ummm no i' not. I"d love to be but she's 5, i have a puppy on the way- AND my house is sold and i will be living out of my parents RV (With them IN IT and a tent) for several weeks while my new house is completed....)

I can probably getthis dog, and hold her for someone if they are interested. I"m probably going to see if i can get her (i've apparently become the poodle rescue for the province) and try to find her a forever home. But i know there's some great folks on here- anyone know of someone looking for a standard? She is not spayed. IS CKC registered. Last i talked to them she was being placed on a 'spay her' or 500.00 to be able to breed her (nice yeah.... i know)

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-5yr-old-CKC-REGISTERED-STANDARD-POODLE-W0QQAdIdZ204026734

There was no mention of illness with my first correspondence with these folks a few months ago- i'm not sure if it's true- or i just wasn't told about it. But again- i have no question knowing these people that she will endup at the spca. they've had her listed on here for over six months off and on.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
This dog was listed on kijiji several months ago- older then i wanted- but i did inquire about her. (she'd been also listed over six months ago for 500.00)

it ends up it's someone i 'know' through the horse world. i have no question this dog will go to the SPCA> I had replied i was still interested in this dog and never heard back. Then a week ago i got an email- the home they had lined up 'didn't work out' was i still interested.

ummm no i' not. I"d love to be but she's 5, i have a puppy on the way- AND my house is sold and i will be living out of my parents RV (With them IN IT and a tent) for several weeks while my new house is completed....)

I can probably getthis dog, and hold her for someone if they are interested. I"m probably going to see if i can get her (i've apparently become the poodle rescue for the province) and try to find her a forever home. But i know there's some great folks on here- anyone know of someone looking for a standard? She is not spayed. IS CKC registered. Last i talked to them she was being placed on a 'spay her' or 500.00 to be able to breed her (nice yeah.... i know)

5yr old CKC REGISTERED STANDARD POODLE - Saskatoon Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Saskatoon

There was no mention of illness with my first correspondence with these folks a few months ago- i'm not sure if it's true- or i just wasn't told about it. But again- i have no question knowing these people that she will endup at the spca. they've had her listed on here for over six months off and on.
Any news on this dog NeVar?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup these folks bred afghans, got this poodle "planning to show her" didn't ever. that was the story 6 months ago. And they were just "cutting back on dogs"

now it's a the owner is dying.

I have a person i know via the horse world trying to get her. I"d take her for a few days to arrange delivery... the question is if he'll let me take posession of her for a few days (why not? I"M NOT SURE!)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
How they can "show " a dog with wrong pigmentation :wacko: :rolffleyes::wacko:

It is so very nice of you to try to help !!!!! Since she is not spayed it is extremely important that she does not get in the hands of a puppy-miller :smow: or similar : (((

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly wishpoo- which was my worry with bernie as well. especially since they are willing to sign papers over!

still waiting to hear back from my friend on if she's got something arranged- i said i was willing to drive out and pick her up this week/weekend and hold her until we can get travel arranged

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you seen her? Do you think this may be a scam? I saw her when she was posted on kijiji before. At that time I tried to convince my husband to get her but he said no :(

Hopefully you can get her for your friend.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know she's not a scam- i know the people who have her (one beter then the other) and have seen them and their afghan's around at the shows.

The dog hs been 'placed' not with the person i was trying to get her to. or as far as i know any of the other folks i emailed about her (again i had a few who i knew were looking)

I am planning to run by the spca this weekend. just to be sure. I don't think she's gone there- but well i dunno i feel invested in this dog now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts