Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a nice, durable leather collar for Austen, our mini-poodle. Hoping folks can recommend Canadian shops (especially online) or shops that don't charge an arm and a leg for Canadian shipping.

Thanks!
IMG_20200911_094421433.jpg

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Annie wears a Coastal Circle T rounded leather collar I got from Amazon.ca. Her last leather collar was bought at Pet Valu and only lasted a year, but this one is much better quality leather and better quality riveting/stitching.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My girls' regular leather collars (flat buckle with clinchers for some "fancy") are from Tory Leather. They have many styles, you can likely find one you like, and the leather is very nice quality. I don't like rolled leather collars because it's such a narrow area on their neck and I don't like the targeted pressure on the trachea if they do any pulling. I've got Standards so my collars are 1" wide, but for a mini you can certainly do 1/2 or 3/4 inch if you choose to go with a flat leather collar. There are also any number of places to get custom leather collars made and many people do that. I have some spectacular custom leather martingale collars I use for my dogs in agility made by a woman in England who is a trained harness maker and hand makes every single bit of the collars from scratch. She makes anything you could think of - many styles of regular collars, martingales, harnesses, etc. in any color leather you could want and is super helpful working with you on design...And she is really super reasonable for that kind of work! My martingales are probably 6 years old now and are only getting better and softer with age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts