Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently mine can, I left the two fresh picked ears of sweet corn hanging in a bag by the front door when I ran off to the E- vet last night. I came home to shucked corn and partial eaten ears, the really like their veggies.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I hope their digestive tracts enjoy all that corn fiber. They must have had a great time playing with those cobs of corn.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Glad they only shucked them and didn't eat the cobs! Corn cobs can cause intestinal blockages as they just don't digest!!! I'm posting this as a warning to anyone who may not be aware and think giving their dog a corn cob to chew on is harmless!!!!

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
I give mine a little sweetcorn in their food in Autumn and Winter. It is a great help when pooper scooping amongst dark fallen leaves - those little yellow kernels shine out like a good deed in a naughty world! But I agree, the cobs can be dangerous. Round here the jackdaws find left over maize cobs in the fields, bring them back to eat the corn, and drop the empty cobs into the gutters and down pipes. If a cob can block a drain, think what it might do to a dog!

Reactions: BrooklynBonnie
1 - 4 of 4 Posts