Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might not be very traditional but I’d love not to have so much fur above Noodles eyes. The groomer asked me all kinds of questions about what numbers blades I wanted etc. I didn’t really know what to answer. I just want to see his eyes better. Any ideas of how to guide her?

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Definitely take a picture of the grooming style you want with you to the groomer...........make sure Noodles is well brushed and has no matts when you take him or you may not be able to get the clip you want.... or you may also be charged extra for matt removal! Good luck and be sure to post a 'before' and 'after' pic!

Reactions: Getting ready

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My groomer does a very good job of going short at the front of the topknot and opening up Poppy's eyes....without shaving above the eyes which can look weird.

Here are some pictures of Poppy's face/eyes/topknot, in some pictures of her with my friend.

Maybe take these pictures to the groomer, if this is the look you are going for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
hey Viking Queen!!! This does not look like you....!

Yikes, I just re-read and see you said this is with your friend! Now makes perfect sense. So nice to see you looking awesome Poppy!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
hey Viking Queen!!! This does not look like you....!

Yikes, I just re-read and see you said this is with your friend! Now makes perfect sense. So nice to see you looking awesome Poppy!
Poppy was loving on my friend, Efrat in those pictures. They were taken year before last, before she turned very very blue in color. It took about a year for color change, however those are the nicest shots of her with a fresh haircut showing her pretty eyes. Marie always does very nice topknots which show off the eyes very well. Some topknots I have noticed leave sort of a "visor" of hair over the eyes, hiding their expressions.

Poppy is quite blue in this picture from last summer, but it shows a topknot which opens up her eyes a lot like the pictures when she was still mostly black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Yes, I too like it when the groomer leaves their beautiful eyes showing! Give a hello to Poppy from me and Tiki:)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The "trick" for topknots is to hold the scissors perpendicular to the muzzle. If you angle back away from the eyes it gives the dog a very startled look. The pictures of Poppy show that nicely - and Poppy is such a lovely model!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The "trick" for topknots is to hold the scissors perpendicular to the muzzle. If you angle back away from the eyes it gives the dog a very startled look. The pictures of Poppy show that nicely - and Poppy is such a lovely model!
That is a great explaination of how a great groomer acccomplishes nice open expression...I am lucky to have had a wonderful groomer for 26 yrs now.

Well, Johanna, as you know, Poppy is a Donnchada girl, so one would expect her to be gorgeous. I feel so lucky to have her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts