Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Wisdom Panel 3.0 is on sale for $50 on Amazon today (I posted this elsewhere, but don't know if the post showed up), I decided to take the plunge and DNA test my sister's little shelter rescue, Rue, who lives with us now. The test should arrive tomorrow and take a few weeks to get the results. Would anyone like to guess her mix? :)

A bit about her:

-9 years old
-12" tall, 11 lbs.
-proven rat (and lizard) hunter with RATI title and ability for much more
-super fast learner, smart as the poodles
-loves to eat
-quiet
-very sweet and loving, loves to cuddle
-can be a bit shy and timid with some new people and dogs
-loves to herd the poodles
-attacked an almost killed my sister's other Chi when that Chi was having a seizure (why she came to live here)
-yet would never dream of attacking another dog for any other reason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I too think Chihuahua/rat terrier/lab !!!! Another possibility could be Chi/Lab/Beagle if the Chi is the dominant breed.........It seems anything mixed with Lab is always black!

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too think Chihuahua/rat terrier/lab !!!! Another possibility could be Chi/Lab/Beagle if the Chi is the dominant breed.........It seems anything mixed with Lab is always black!
Interesting, Molly--I didn't know that!

That was exactly my guess too, isn't that funny. He could be all chi too, or his chi percentage is fairly high I would think.
I was thinking it would be really funny if she came back as a purebred Chi. As we know, backyard bred dogs can look very different than the breed standard.

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Rue is a well aged cutey, she looks like a chihuahua to me, mind you not a greatly bred one. Rue reminds me of a smooth coated version of my Gracie who is poorly bred chi/pom cross.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rue is a well aged cutey, she looks like a chihuahua to me, mind you not a greatly bred one. Rue reminds me of a smooth coated version of my Gracie who is poorly bred chi/pom cross.
Aww, how is miss Gracie doing these days?

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Aww, how is miss Gracie doing these days?
Gracie actually fat and happy these days, mind you the boys do pester her but she merely growls at them

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Wow. You clearly see the chihuahua. I wouldn’t have guessed pug but Havanese? Really Havanese? I guess the longer legs are Havanese?

I wonder how reliable these tests are. The results are fun and often surprising. I’m glad you posted this.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, you don't have to see any breed in them if the other(s) is/are dominant! I absolutely trust the results. Now I want to test my sister's other two shelter rescues! If I do, I'll post pics and everyone can play the guessing game again :)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Well the Chihuahua is definitely visible and dominate!!!! I'm surprised at the pug and havanese though! I know when I had Molly done I was shocked at her results LOL!!!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the Chihuahua is definitely visible and dominate!!!! I'm surprised at the pug and havanese though! I know when I had Molly done I was shocked at her results LOL!!!
It was quite a surprise, although I think Molly's results take the cake :lol:

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Sounds like fun. Well I saw the chihuahua as the dog looks quite a bit like my chi in the face but I never would have guess havenese or pug

1 - 20 of 28 Posts