Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a Standard Poodle owner in the Niagara Region (Ontario), who does not have any other pets in the house, who may be receptive to a home visit. My husband and I have been researching the breed for months, itensive research, and wish to add one to our family.
My husband has asthma and we need to make sure that he will not have a reaction, if there are other allergen producing animals in the home, he will react to them.
It is difficult to ask a stranger this, but we are not having any luck locating a suitable environment to provide a reliable 'read', at least one nearby and not hundreds of KM's away.
Any ideas??
thanks
oh, and I don't mean to sound picky, but it will help if they are non-smokers because he will react to cigarette smoke.
We just want to meet a poodle owner and their dog, and chat a bit, 1/2 hour tops.
We have already chosen our breeder and visited her beautiful dogs which we imediately fell in love with, unfortunately there were other shedding dogs in the home. We are reluctanct to go to another breeder because we felt this would not be right since we have already chosen one, it seems misleading??
Help????

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Does the breeder you like have a family with one of her dogs who you could meet? That would be a win win, you could see about your husband's asthma and meet a dog from the breeder you like.

Alternatively you could try contacting the poodle club of canada. Not the same, but when my mom was involved in the Portuguese Water Dog club of canada, we had lots of people come do an allergy check because we only had PWDs and no other allergens in the house. The poodle club might know someone who can help you out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I think more people if they are here would consider this if they knew a little bit more about you lol....:) I would do it if you were in my area. But I would want to see you more on the forum, pictures and just your overall posts and replys to get to know you:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies and suggestions, I will definately follow up on them.
I understand Olie's comments, as I am new to this forum and will be adding more as time goes on.
I thought the pictures had to be poodle related?, We don't have ours yet, but when we do I will post so many pictures that you will probably get tired of me :)
I have so many questions regarding poodle care, I do not know where to start. Any tips on grooming, diet, etc. will be appreciated. We are hoping by the summer to have our boy/girl. We will be doing obediance, basic and advanced, as well as agility training. We are lucky that we have a huge fully fenced in backyard and we are active outdoors. I even plan on training, (at least trying to) the little guy to come kayaking with me!!, that should be fun!!

So Olie....South Carolina?? , so if you get to know me better on here I could visit your beautiful dogs there???, now that sounds like a great idea!!, I dislike the cold here so much, I might never leave, :)

Thanks again to all the replies

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Thank you for the replies and suggestions, I will definately follow up on them.
I understand Olie's comments, as I am new to this forum and will be adding more as time goes on.
I thought the pictures had to be poodle related?, We don't have ours yet, but when we do I will post so many pictures that you will probably get tired of me :)
I have so many questions regarding poodle care, I do not know where to start. Any tips on grooming, diet, etc. will be appreciated. We are hoping by the summer to have our boy/girl. We will be doing obediance, basic and advanced, as well as agility training. We are lucky that we have a huge fully fenced in backyard and we are active outdoors. I even plan on training, (at least trying to) the little guy to come kayaking with me!!, that should be fun!!

So Olie....South Carolina?? , so if you get to know me better on here I could visit your beautiful dogs there???, now that sounds like a great idea!!, I dislike the cold here so much, I might never leave, :)

Thanks again to all the replies
Sure! Come on down! lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well behaved

I am well behaved in the house, I don't shed, nor do I smell, but I do eat off of the table::embarrassed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts