Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Captain has a longer coat right now, but he is so warm in the sun/heat I'd like to go a bit shorter. So, if you would be so kind as to post some pictures of shorter styles to share with the groomer, that would be great!

I would really like a Miami but my husband isn't crazy about bracelets.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
These are cuts I did NOT a groomer:) There is a Miami I had not trimmed up the bracelets yet. Olies body I trimmed with a comb attachment 1/2 inch and I left the legs long.

SANY1698.jpg SANY1716.jpg OLIE'S FIRST CUT 012.jpg

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
This is my favorite pet cut. The body is short and the legs long. It is a modified Lamb the dog is Gunther, I believe his owner is a member here too:)

modifeid lamb.jpg

Bikini or summer cut was what this one was listed as bikini clip.jpg

Now that I look at the summer cut - don't use that one lol - the length maybe but there are some ruff areas on this one.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I don't want to sound ignorant but I HATE that old fashioned poodle cut with the poofy legs. HOWEVER I have one of mine in that rim right now to see how it would look. I often go thru book with poodles from the 50's, 60's and 70's and give a dog a RETRO haircut. That's what that is. Remember how everone used to get their Airdales trimmed with the teddy bear arms and legs? A new style that I am seeing more and more is the German Trim. It has a tail like a Kerry Blue, shaved ear leathers, shaved face (paws shaved are optional) the body can range from a #10 to a clip on comb trim with the legs thicker at the bottoms. My Avatar of my parti poodle shows him in that trim. Its also great for dogs battling ear infections. I do it on clients dogs if they say they can't get rid of the ear problems. My vet also loves seeing poodles with the German Trim

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is my Rainee with a (relatively) short haircut. She has very, very, very thick wooly hair. Her back is about 1" long, her legs are scissored a tad bit longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
here's a few grooms I've done over the past few years. Some shorter, some teddy bear styles (no clean face or feet), but it should give you a view of different clips.

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the look of that modified lamb! Thanks for all of the suggestions, I appreciate them (and I'm sure Captain will too!) :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
in the summer I always keep a very short cut on Ocsi, he always seems to be sooo hot! well and he found out that he likes to go swimming! so the shorter the better for that! sand gets EVERYWHERE when he goes swimming in lake Michigan!

short summer cut from a few years ago when we lived in NC:
(I love the expressions I get from him!)

this summer in Chicago:

on a trip to Atlanta last year:
(his face is priceless! LOL)

·
Registered
440 Posts
(is that chicken I smell?)

my little lake swimmer :)

pre getting all wet!

all the cuts were done by me, I just used the #10 blade on him all over with a short 1/4 inch guard (I think) then cut his feet and face and tail with the #10 blade no guard and scissored his top knot and ears

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you want a "manly" cut you can take the coat done to a 5F all over as I did in this pic of Sam. I have short bracelets this time but you can either remove them or blend the leg in a very short lamb. Sam goes fishing with Dad so he wants him to look more like a hunting dog. Although all the guys in the fishing club love to see the kids, they take turns going out to greet all the fishermen on their return cause I'm the photographer at the weigh-in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my boy got a crazy hair cut this summer, shaved him with a #10 blade
:biggrin: Hehe, just because of the humidity and ticks. ):

The picture is 2 months after his shave.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my boy got a crazy hair cut this summer, shaved him with a #10 blade
:biggrin: Hehe, just because of the humidity and ticks. ):

The picture is 2 months after his shave.
DoggyHog, you boy is beautiful! This short cut looks great on him :)

I was wondering, what would a german cut looks like with a longer face...not full but not shaved close. Say...8 weeks growth.

I think it would be cute!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is my Ellie in a Miami. It necessary for me to keep her ears short, we battled serious ear infections for almost a year. She has been doing well for a year now, so I', afraid to grow them out.

Easter may be over... by maryac58, on Flickr

I LOVE the tail!!! Okay, I love the whole dog, but that tail is fantastic. Cute how it contrasts with the short ears.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts