Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colorado sometimes?!

We made a quick last minute trip out here, and not only did I get Tate a 3 year rabies shot for 5 bucks, but I forgot how wonderful the food selection was here.

I am seriously contemplating getting him a better food while I am here and if it works, ordering it for him. The woman at the store said that california naturals was a great, really simple food without too much extra in it. Not sure. What do you guys think?

Also, can I just say that I was NOT expecting snow every other day while I am here! It kinda stinks! Lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
$5!!!!! That's awesome. I bet he got lots of attention. It sounds like you got to do some shopping too. I haven't tried the food, so I wouldn't know. I would read the ingredient list and ask the staff if they know how they prepare it. Does the meat come from US sources? I know there has been discussion on the boards before, but I don't recall anything negative.

Did you get some snow pics? It's heading into the upper 80's this weekend and snow sounds kinda nice.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pictures, lol. I was so tired of the snow after driving in it and gale force winds for several hours! Supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow. Gotta love the weather here.

Ok, went to another dog food store... Talked to the owner, and she actually said that when you feed the high protien no grain diets that wou can cut their food down to like 3/4ths or even half. Anyone ever heard that? She said that was possibly why Tate didn't do well on it because I was giving him too much. Dunno. She suggested to cut his down to see how he did, and if not, told me a few foods to try for him. Dunno. Don't know the brands off the top of my head, will list later!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts