Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a lovely charcoal my Mom had done at the show where this girl won her championship. Her call name was Sarina. She and I shared a birthday, and her nickname was Wiggle Bum. This is circa 1968. I believe her Daddy was Bibelot's Tall Dark and Handsome (Tramp) who won reserve BIS at Crufts in England shortly after coming out of a six month quarantine and became England's Dog of the Year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Beautiful artwork!! I wish I had some nice poodle art for my walls, and it would be especially cool if it were of a dog I actually knew and/or owned!!! Very nice!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful artwork!! I wish I had some nice poodle art for my walls, and it would be especially cool if it were of a dog I actually knew and/or owned!!! Very nice!
Thank you Plumcrazy!! You could blow up one of those adorable Christmas photos of Lucybug, and matte it and frame it. That would be adorable!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Thank you Plumcrazy!! You could blow up one of those adorable Christmas photos of Lucybug, and matte it and frame it. That would be adorable!!
Yeah... except for the extremely creeeeepy santa-woman!!! :fish: HAAAA! You really have put a germ of a thought into my brain, however... We have a local artist who works in a little shop kitty-corner from where I work downtown, and I may see if I can get him to do a portrait of Lucybug for Vid! That way, it will be a gift for him, but *I* get to enjoy it too!!! Not a bad idea, eh???

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... except for the extremely creeeeepy santa-woman!!! :fish: HAAAA! You really have put a germ of a thought into my brain, however... We have a local artist who works in a little shop kitty-corner from where I work downtown, and I may see if I can get him to do a portrait of Lucybug for Vid! That way, it will be a gift for him, but *I* get to enjoy it too!!! Not a bad idea, eh???
EH???? You are starting to talk Canadian!!! A pastel would be pretty and show off her colour, and Father's Day isn't too far off. It is a great idea!!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
EH???? You are starting to talk Canadian!!!
I can put that on my resume!! I speak TWO languages... American and Canadian!! :pound: Father's day is a great idea, but I don't know how long it takes to do a commissioned piece... I'm going to call today!! I may need some help deciding on a good photo to give to him... My sister had a portrait done of her three cats and she gave him a variety of pictures from which he chose a few different ones to use... I'm getting excited!! :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your mother is very talented! That is a lovely drawing and frameble drawing.
Oh no,no...Mom didn't draw this. She had someone do it at the show where Sarina won her final points. Mom was talented however. She was a knitter, she crotched, and she was the most amazing ceramist I have ever seen!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can put that on my resume!! I speak TWO languages... American and Canadian!! :pound: Father's day is a great idea, but I don't know how long it takes to do a commissioned piece... I'm going to call today!! I may need some help deciding on a good photo to give to him... My sister had a portrait done of her three cats and she gave him a variety of pictures from which he chose a few different ones to use... I'm getting excited!! :)
Well, I am sure you have loads of great photos because we here have seen some of them. Let me know how it goes!!! I am excited now too!

I may call you tonight. I got some cute video of my brother-in-laws parents Shih Tzu talking to me. And I got some cute ones of Iris saying Mama. Guess whose help I need to do the photobucket thing again????Good thing my friends are smart!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Opps...sorry Arreau. I read it too fast. Just beautiful in any case! Your mother was still very talented!!
Indeed!!! One day I will post some photos of her ceramics on the Off topic thread. In the meantime, I will be going through old photos soon, and will post pics of some of our old show dogs when I come across them! It is so cool to be able to look them up on PHR!! (I just got a scanner, and have never been able to do that before).

·
Registered
448 Posts
This is circa 1968. I believe her Daddy was Bibelot's Tall Dark and Handsome (Tramp)
Wow, that goes way back... what a treasure that is!
To add to 'his' credits... he produced 53 champions in 9 countries!
Yep, if she's his daughter... that is quite a treasure!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went onto PHR and yes, Tall Dark and Handsome was her Daddy, and Lady Joan of Lowmont was her Mother. She was a lovely girl, but her greatest asset was her disposition.

I am very excited to now have a scanner. I am going to look through my Mom's old photos and post some awesome wins we had on threads here. We had a glorious girl, Bibelots Samantha Bewitched who we took to the William Penn Futurity in Pennsylvania, and she won the best brood bitch class. being shown with three of her offspring, and they won over other Standards, the minis and the toys. That was the highlight of our showing. The most wonderful experience for my Mom and I. And to hear Susan Fraser of Bibelot squealing all through the arena was a thrill!! Someone who did as much winning as she had, and I'll bet it was one of the highlights of her show career too. I cannot wait to share the old photos with all of you here!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I cannot wait to share the old photos with all of you here!!![/QUOTE]

Oh thank you! I was going to 'beg' you to share more! I can't wait to see them too!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SURE!! I am certain Desertreef and Cbrand and others would be happy to help you learn too.

I suggest on top of poodlepedigree, that you sign up for Poodle Health Registry. This is where you get all the health info in the background of your dog or one you may be looking at. When you first go on, it can seem overhwhelming, but the more youu use it (and ask questions here) the easier it becomes to follow.

Why don`t you start a new thread, and ask some questions and get the ball rolling??

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes, very pretty... just can't get over all that coat! :)
I wonder how tall she was? If you ever come across the sizes of the dogs, way back then, I would be interested to know.
Thanks for posting another photo! How fun to go through your things!
Karen

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She would have been about 24". All of our dogs were average size...no real peanuts and no giants. While I am going through the photos I just cannot believe that coat. When you are living through it you don't realize, but then you see the pictures and think "Oh my soul...how the heck did we do that???"

I found another photo of our girl Ch. Cherod's That's my Number (Bingo) who we just couldn't get the last point on her, so Susan showed her once, and BINGO, she got it!! I will post it next week. I am also looking for photos of me at seven with a stacked spoo, and it is hilarious the way I am gripping that poor dogs tail. I know I will find them, it just might not be for a while.

I am very glad you are enjjoying them Karen. There will be loads more coming.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts