Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking to add a poodle to my family. I love the breed, but my parents feel a standard is too large. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder in Illinois or within driving distance of Chicago? I am having trouble finding one, as the ones on AKC.org and through my Google search have some red flags.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There are a few in Minnesota, Absolute & Safranne (both in Winona), and Allure (Twin Cities); Horizon & Amity Valley (both in Duluth) I'm not familiar with. The others were in my bookmarks. Also Logos in Sterling Heights, MI. Caralot popped up on another member's search; they are in Indiana.

Due diligence is called for when evaluating any breeder.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking to add a poodle to my family. I love the breed, but my parents feel a standard is too large. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder in Illinois or within driving distance of Chicago? I am having trouble finding one, as the ones on AKC.org and through my Google search have some red flags.
Go to: www.greatlakespoodleclub.com
They have a breeder referral service. The parents of any standard poodle puppy you consider should have been tested clear of hip dysplasia, any eye problems, and sebaceous adenitis. It would be a bonus if they were also tested for thyroid issues and heart problems. For more information, go to www.poodleclubofamerica.org.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.