Poodle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to travel, Peggy hasn’t had a professional grooming in quite a while, and her next appointment isn’t until the end of August.

We’ve got family coming for a visit—some of whom are kids who have never met her—and I’d like her to look sweet and approachable. Her face is quite grown out, so I figured I’d take advantage of the scruff and try something new. If it doesn’t go well, I can always shave it down.

I’d like to try something like this:

Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Ear

From Instagram.com/macthespoo - a relative of Peggy’s, according to Embark. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

This groomer has a video (I’m not sure if this is the right one) where she fixes a teddy bear face. Of course, she makes it all look so easy!

• Wow
Reactions: SandyTopknot

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This groomer has a video (I’m not sure if this is the right one) where she fixes a teddy bear face. Of course, she makes it all look so easy!
Her commentary is so funny! And yeah, I am 100% not capable of doing this. :LOL: Peggy might just have to meet her guests as she currently looks.....which is an awful lot like Gmork from the Neverending Story.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Jaw Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
Tyler
450 Posts
Good one! I’m definitely not confident enough with shears to even attempt this. I wonder if I could just use a trimmer around her eyes to open them up a bit.
I hear you - seeing all that scissoring makes me a bigger fan of a clean face. (Her video on shaving a poodle's face is also very good, IMO.)

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
My husband just very gently suggested I might not be capable of this. :LOL: I really am a terrible groomer.
This made me laugh this morning. I am the worst groomer ever. I've been grooming Renn since covid and now with the higher prices I am actually forced too. I groomed him yesterday. I still have his tail to do and a better foot clean up. I've been in a funk so I am just shaving it all off and starting fresh. I think instead of grooming Peggys snout you can just let it go natural for a teddybear look for now. See how bad I am!

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This made me laugh this morning. I am the worst groomer ever. I've been grooming Renn since covid and now with the higher prices I am actually forced too. I groomed him yesterday. I still have his tail to do and a better foot clean up. I've been in a funk so I am just shaving it all off and starting fresh. I think instead of grooming Peggys snout you can just let it go natural for a teddybear look for now. See how bad I am!
Renn looks so cute!

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts