Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this pink spot on our almost one year old poodle’s nose and thought she maybe bumped herself outside? I didn’t think her skin would turn pink like this from a scrape though and when I looked it up I found something called vitiligo. I don’t know much about it but didn’t see any poodles that seemed to have this, wondering if anyone has heard of this or has seen a bump on a black poodle look like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
1,130 Posts
What does your vet say? Sometimes, a sore or infected area can be pink while it's healing.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
208 Posts
From the picture, it appears there was hair loss on the area? I don't think vitiligo causes hair loss, just lack of pigment. I second having your vet check her over.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
I did a search on this site and found no other reports of vitiglio. It's possible - a poodle can have almost any skin condition found in any other breed - but I think the chances are higher of it being a scrape or something else.

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
I don’t think that’s vitiligo. That’s hairloss. Perhaps your dog rubbed the hair off? Vitiligo as mentioned above is the lose of pigmentation, not hair loss.

Alopecia is the loss of hair. My poodle had a temporary alopecia from a bee sting on her paw. She lost hair in a pea size spot where the sting occurred. It started to grow back within a month. Could something like this have happened to your poodle?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Check with your vet. Maybe they could look at the clearer of the two photos if you would email it to them and give you an idea whether she should be seen soon or if it might be ok to wait til a next regular appointment.

It could be a skin condition, it could be an abraded area. Your vet should be able to tell.

Let us know what you find out, please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts