Poodle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Which part of the country do you live in? We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. There are many National Forests, as well as state, and so we go boondocking in the woods and fields on public land instead of in official campgrounds. That way we went a lot last fall and avoided the crowds. Now Since it is still not very warm up here I am planning to have us go out to the Southwwest and do the same thing. There, not only do they have National and State forests, but BLM (Bureau of Land Management) also. It is very easy to camp away from others.

I bet your Pup will love it!
We’re in Washington state, on the Olympic Peninsula.

·
Super Moderator
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I lived a good portion of my adult life in Pierce County about 40 minutes from Mt Rainier NP. We camped all around the Cascades and on the Peninsula. The PNW is great for the outdoors and we truly miss it. Too bad the NPs are not very dog friendly.
Such a special place. I feel very lucky to live where other people vacation. :) My last girl was a very happy camper, right up to the end of her life. I hope Peggy finds a similar joy in days and nights spend outdoors with her humans.

·
Super Moderator
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
We camped all around the Cascades and on the Peninsula. The PNW is great for the outdoors and we truly miss it. Too bad the NPs are not very dog friendly.
Ah, but the National Forests are much more dog friendly, and you have three in Washington! I have camped there a lot also, beautiful country for sure:) I would love to go back, and my spoo would too.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts