Poodle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ! I’ve been wondering what color my brown 8 month standard is going to clear into. Below is a picture of his mom and dad (dark brown is mom)

I’ve noticed he has grey hair running through out his back ! This is him currently :)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
What a beauty! Are both of the photos your poodle? Or the parents? I can't see the grey hair you mentioned.

I see you're new. You might like checking out this thread. To get to it the long way, go to:
Poodle Pictures > Poodle Rainbow (top of the page) > The Brown Poodle Thread.

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,563 Posts
Does it look like this? You can see lighter back , legs and face
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed

Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Miniature Poodle

My girl is Cafe
Beatrice ended up looking like this
Grass Canidae Dog Dog breed Grass family

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a beauty! Are both of the photos your poodle? Or the parents? I can't see the grey hair you mentioned.

I see you're new. You might like checking out this thread. To get to it the long way, go to:
Poodle Pictures > Poodle Rainbow (top of the page) > The Brown Poodle Thread.
Oh oops I’m sorry the picture of the parents never showed up.

This is them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,563 Posts
Since one of his parents is cafe, it is unlikely he will keep his dark color, my Beatrice is a very light cafe some are darker

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Most brown dogs do fade over time. Since the parents faded, I suspect your puppy will fade, too. (I wish the person who groomed the parents knew how to groom their heads!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most brown dogs do fade over time. Since the parents faded, I suspect your puppy will fade, too. (I wish the person who groomed the parents knew how to groom their heads!)
LOL I adopted him from a woman and she had CKC papers for him so I was able to reach out to my boys breeder and get that picture. I don’t think he is a very reputable breeder but who knows!! Either way I love him and I love the cafe color as well:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.