Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off a zoom call with my daughter's doctor. She still is having a lot of allergies around Blueberry. It seems to be worse when he comes in from outside. Doc said it might be combination of pollen/ragweed getting caught in his fluff with dog saliva and dander and suggested trying a little trim after his bath. So sad.

I also ordered some shampoo that is supposed to help. Fingers crossed.

I seem to remember with Noodle that things got better with coat change so hopefully if we can keep the kiddo from utter misery until then things will get better. She loves her Blueberry. We all do.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Aw. I know my allergies flare up when I’m holding Fluffy sometimes in the allergy season, and it’s not because I’m allergic to him—it’s because his coat is a vacuum for all things allergen. Immediately after giving him a bath, I can cuddle him all I want again. I have family members who are actually allergic to dogs, and they also improve after I give him a bath about weekly and brush him on the regular. I have to stay on top of it, but it’s worth it. Hopefully it’s a quick solution.

·
Premium Member
23,603 Posts
Wishing great success with those strategies.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have you tried a "you need to wash your hands after touching blueberry" strategy? I ask because my Mom has terrible allergies to dogs and when we visit Grandma/Grandpa that's one of the necessary precautions she takes. It might help your daughter :\

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had a hard time with my allergies when Mia was a puppy. I wasn't allergic to her, but I was allergic to her friends, and she and I both took many showers and baths. I hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I find washing my hands with vinegar after touching a dog I am allergic too or being licked by a dog I'm allergic too helps. A few other people I've told this have tried it and said it helps them too.

Also, yes, have to wash Annie every 1-2 weeks, or my allergies flare :(

Hope you find something that works for your daughter, allergies are miserable!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
You might consider getting a dog attachment to your vacuum. Mine slides onto the wand & slowly go over the coat. I have a rainbow & a dyson. It works on both. All my big dogs are trained to it. It lessens my issues with ragweed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts