Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More wind and rain arriving here, so the dogs have been promised rainy day games, which suits Poppy perfectly. We have had a round of Hunt the Treat, and I am now trying to extend the break before the next game - we have 24 hours to fill in before the skies are due to clear. I am planning all the old favourites - Ottosson toys, Hunt the Treat, press ups - and may even get the Kongs out, which I have not used since they finished teething!

More flooding is on its way, too - the rivers have fallen after storm Ciara last weekend, but the ground is saturated so the run off will be considerable.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Hope you’re safe and dry.

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I hope Spring will soon be on the way and all these storms will have passed and be forgotten. Thinking about Purina, already I have many many sprouts of those pesky weeds that t urn into those sticky spurs. I am diligently pulling many out of one half on my backyard, well at least trying. The other side of the yard is totally covered with them. Those I will have no choice but to poison. I'd be out there pulling for the next 3 years. This way the dogs will be able to utilize half the yard while I resend and sod half the yard. When I'm thru with that I'll sand and sod the other half. Still trying to decide whether to stick with centipede grass or go with the more expensive zoysia. They tell me the zoysia will hold up better with the dogs. I hope the weather will soon cooperate for you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You have wonderful "storm" plans, and lucky dogs. I hope everyone stays entertained well enough to ward off what is called "cabin fever" in my home state of Alaska.

For the rest of us who are wondering what it looks like for poodles in the UK, check out woolmousefamily on Instagram. I am completely charmed by the wind blowing the poodle hair this way and that (6 posts back).

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much too wet for gardening here, which is a good excuse for being lazy! I am going to plan my vegetable garden (all 6 square yards of it!) instead, and start thinking about a revamp of the back garden (a bit bigger, but not by much). I want to fit a tiny gazebo or summer house in, as well as the Sorbus Rosea I finally managed to find. It will mean cutting down a flourishing Magnolia Grandiflora which seems criminal, but it has far outgrown the space available and it is too cool and wet here for it to flower reliably.

Sophy says running into the wind is OK because she can streamline her ears and tail, but coming back with the wind behind her it feels as if the wind is trying to turn her inside out!

Reactions: Newport

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Nasty weather for you - I've been watching updates on BBC World News. Hope things calm down in a hurry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts