Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The novice in me put a deposit down on 2 toy poodles but now I’m reading online what a horrible idea it is to get 2 puppies at once. Anyone have a positive or negative experience with toy poodle puppies that they want to share?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had 2 pups from different litters at once and my husband had to take off work to help me. But it was 2 girls and there was endless teeth wrestling, a difficulty in housetraining them because
they were so busy keeping tabs on one another and unfortunately we eventually had to rehome one, we loved her dearly- and she was a gorgeous champion bred silver beige with full registration-
they were just not interested in being trained when they were together. It could be easier with toys, these were standards.

Another concern is that a male poodle can breed at 6 months, and the first heat of a female can happen 6-8 months. If you were planning to breed you would want both to reach 2 years and have the hips, eyes, elbows certified- If you are planning to neuter/ fix you'd want them to reach full growth or it will negatively impact their health.

It would be better for you to do one new puppy at a time, the first one will help you train the second one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After our 11 year old chihuahua died Suddenly from cancer my husband said no more dogs. Actually he said Ace would be our last dog before we knew he was sick.

I looked at dogs online for months shelters breeders rehomes he wouldn’t budge. One day I see an ad from a Breeder w 12 week old mini poodle brothers. Long story short a year later I’m sitting next to him right now with both poodles on his lap.

He calls them his poodies and we are both crazy about them. We have always had a dog (25years) never ever considered 2 at once but I love it!

our boys kennel together they snuggle and play. I feel like they exercise each other palling around. Potty training is tough because you don’t know who made a mess, my tip is check for damp hair

Cons: cost 2 is double 1
Behavior needs to be seen in action ( but rarely act out)

Pros: they entertain each other and us
They are easy to train
They show us SO much love
They go many places with us
They are great with kids
My two were brought into a home with 2 cats they got along well
Levi is 10 PDs TOby is 7PDS

Sorry for typos using phone

QUOTE="Toypoodlemama, post: 3283448, member: 119838"]
The novice in me put a deposit down on 2 toy poodles but now I’m reading online what a horrible idea it is to get 2 puppies at once. Anyone have a positive or negative experience with toy poodle puppies that they want to share?
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
You could apply one deposit for a future litter if you decide against 2 at once. Let us know what you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts