Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a busy fun summer for the girls, new experiences, new friends and lots of swimming. They loved our little road trip in the spring to Banff, staying in hotels, riding elevators and spending an evening in a lounge watching hockey. They were amazing while walking the busy Main Street in Banff, and perfectly behaved on a restaurant patio.
We went to my grandson's graduation which was wonderful except for Abbey taking a few very large bites out of the cake! I was absolutely horrified and my Grandaughter was upset because she had made it for her brother. This act landed Abbey and Dolly in xpen jail for the remainder of the day, they could see us which was even more punishing. DH loves the excuse to escape these things a little, so was glad to take them for a few walks. It was a wonderful day and I'm so proud of my grandson, and afterwards we were all able to laugh about Abbey eating the cake.
Lake, lake, and more lake! We've spent even more time than usual at the lake this summer, Abbey is a real water baby, and Dolly has really blossomed in the water this year too. We have spent so many wonderful days on our little rocky beach, in and out of the water, fetching or just plain swimming. Hours in the boat fishing or just cruising around cooling off, and golf cart rides around the park, also a favorite of the girls. They love all the attention, and they get a lot of it, we hear "there's the poodles" "can we pet them" "wow, they are good swimmers". Another favorite pastime is to people, dog and boat watch in the marina, they are shamelessly nosey!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,864 Posts
Caddy that is a lovely update. Congratulations on your family graduation! What is your grandson planning next?

I have to say I know how busy Main St. in Banff is so I am impressed by your girls successful negotiation of it. That sounds like a wonderful trip. When my mom and I went to Banff we also saw Calgary and Lake Louise and stayed at all of the Canadian Railway hotels. It was a very special treat to have done so.

Reactions: Caddy and Streetcar

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
That sounds like such a great way to spend your summer! The cake story did make me laugh. Love hearing from Abbey and Dolly!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh! What a beautiful, idyllic summer! The grandkids, the poodles, the lake, the beach, sooo nice.
It has been wonderful and I'm hoping for more, but you just never know what to expect in August and September. We have had very strange weather this year, it goes from a very warm 30c and more to a cool 8-14c the next day. This is our little rocky beach where we have spent so many days this summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caddy that is a lovely update. Congratulations on your family graduation! What is your grandson planning next?

I have to say I know how busy Main St. in Banff is so I am impressed by your girls successful negotiation of it. That sounds like a wonderful trip. When my mom and I went to Banff we also saw Calgary and Lake Louise and stayed at all of the Canadian Railway hotels. It was a very special treat to have done so.
Thank you Catherine, Tanner is an amazing young man and we are so proud of him. To us he's not just our first grandchild, but the little boy who made our whole world go round. His dad's side of the family are farmers, and Tanner has a love for the life. They own and operate a large amount of land and are very successful at what they do, but farming is not just hard work anymore, it takes much more these days. His college plans are in agriculture, also farm planning and management.
Yes, I was impressed with them also! Abbey is pretty bomb proof, but Dolly can sometimes be spooked by strangers or sudden load noises but she did great. I love the CNR Hotels and have stayed in many of them, all the ones I've stayed at welcome pets. I have been to, and through Lake Louise many times but never stayed at the hotel there. We love the mountains, and are lucky to live close enough to visit at least once a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks zooeysmom, it's always nice to be missed! It really has been a good summer stormeek, when we come home for a few days to catch up on life, the girls just sleep.
Here we are enjoying an evening in our hotel lounge!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh muggles and streetcar you are not the only ones to laugh about the cake since, but it was no laughing matter at the time. An attempt was made to cut the "affected layer", but it ended up looking like a bad wedding cake so she baked another one.
It was a man who carved this masterpiece!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts