Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to put Buoy in a modified conti today to see his cute butt!
He's got the greatest hair to form and style. His black pigment really sets him off. Maybe I'll grow out his hair to make wiggies for Bindi.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh my GOSH beautiful, beautiful groom!!!! :)
LOVE the modified continental especially on smaller poodles. He's GORGEOUS!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That is such a lovely groom on him!
Well done you should be proud
Now if we saw poodles shown like that, it would be great too

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Cute!

And I literally just turned to TheFiance and said, "Oh my God, this dog's name is Buoy! How cute!" TheFiance agrees :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oh my gosh how GORGEOUS!!!!
What blade is used on his legs and hind end to get it that short?
I would love to get Mister in to a cut like this!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh my gosh how GORGEOUS!!!!
What blade is used on his legs and hind end to get it that short?
I would love to get Mister in to a cut like this!
I used a #40. Buoy has been used to close face shaves and has not shown signs of sensitivity so he got a very close shave.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oh ok...how do you get them used to it? I read somewhere else that you use baby powder on white dogs to soothe the skin after shaving? Is that right? I have groomed him the whole time ive had him but nothing as extravegant as that...maybe i should grow him out and take him to a groomers that specializes in that. Is that what you would recommend?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
He's cute! I love freshly shaven little bums.

Do you pronounce his name "boy" or like "boooeeee" (if that makes sense)? I like it!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's cute! I love freshly shaven little bums.

Do you pronounce his name "boy" or like "boooeeee" (if that makes sense)? I like it!
Pronounced like the latter, like a fishing Buoy. I wanted to name Roxy, Gilly but daddy wanted Roxy. Just taking it away from Boy and Girl. Kind of corny.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh ok...how do you get them used to it? I read somewhere else that you use baby powder on white dogs to soothe the skin after shaving? Is that right? I have groomed him the whole time ive had him but nothing as extravegant as that...maybe i should grow him out and take him to a groomers that specializes in that. Is that what you would recommend?
Constant shaving. Start with 15 and then go down to 30 and then to 40. Some dogs are more sensitive then others so you may never get past a 15. Most I have had tolerate it, only one has extra sensitive skin. Never use a hot blade either. Start with it on the face and tail, you'll be able to see right away and especially the next day if they show signs of pink or razor burn. I actually do their feet with a 50. It has less tendency to catch and cut their feet. For the colored dogs I use Jerob Stardust Grooming Powder.
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/418936/catid/236/vname/Jerob_Stardust_Grooming_Powder
Keep neosporin on hand for the little cuts that may occur. I don't know if most groomers have ever done a Continental clip but you can ask around. You'll have to brush and comb out all the way from the skin religiously to ensure that the coat grows and doesn't mat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts