Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Well. This thread has taken a detour. The original question was about a breeder taking a deposit and then failing to honor the reservation due to circumstances with other litters. Somehow it has morphed into a condemnation of high volume breeding.

Breeding discussions often get heated. Out of respect for your moderators, who would like to enjoy our holiday weekend with our poodles and families, please try to keep this thread on target and courteous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you for your thoughts everyone - lots of valid points raised. My last poodle was a rescue, so this was my first time putting a deposit on a litter. And yes, I didn’t want to slander this breeder. Just get some opinions on her policy, as it seemed so illogical to me (and very upsetting).

In the end, the breeder said I could still get a puppy from the litter but I was bumped far down the list. I decided to just cut ties and get my deposit back.

I will resume my search for a puppy! Thanks again :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
"Secondly, when I work with her to get a puppy from a litter, it is a specific litter based on my research on the bitch and the stud, the particular litter. My deposit guarantees me a puppy from THAT litter."

I agree with this. You should get the sire and dam that YOU choose.

"I would totally move on from this breeder. First of all, even if she/he has dogs in guardian homes, 3 litters in a short time frame like you are describing smacks of BYB/puppy mill."

I couldn't disagree with this more.

You people who criticize a breeder without knowing their operation are the ultimate gasbags. Your, by necessity, ignorant opinion shows me exactly where your mind is at... stuck firmly with the Luddites who hate change.

Y'all keep criticizing something you don't understand.

I'm aiming this comment at the three who went immediately to the too-many -litters theory. Without knowing THE FIRST THING about the breeder.
CountryBoy, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion as are those of us who don't agree with high volume breeders and breeding. And you can think it is an ignorant opinion if you want, that is your right. But resorting to name-calling to try and make your point makes you no better than an old gasbag yourself. Welcome to the group you lumped us in with. Cheers!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.