Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, so just a few minutes ago while I was petting Dobby I noticed a bump on her ribs. It’s quite big as well and is on one side only. When I touch it and apply pressure on the bump, it moves. She doesn’t seem to be in pain. It is still working hours in Aus so I can’t just leave for the vet right now but I think I’ll visit her as soon as I can. Any ideas what the bump could be? She’s only four months old and the bump wasn’t there last night. She got her vaccination done five days ago on that side close to the area, could it be related?

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
It could be related - vaccines can cause temporary bumps. Worth getting your vet to check just for peace of mind, though.

·
Premium Member
23,582 Posts
It could be a granuloma at a vaccine site or it could be something like a sebaceous cyst or a reaction to insect of spider sting or bite. I hope your vet has a clear diagnosis for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
The vet may see her again for free since it may be related to the vaccine.

Also I would try holding a soft ice pack (or a plastic bag with several ice cubes wrapped in a paper towel) against the bump, for a 10 or 15 minutes, and do this several times a day for a couple of days. I have found this to quickly help with reduce swelling from vaccines, insect bites, and minor injuries on people and dogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts