Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that poodles need regular scaling done on their teeth. My last dog had a great mouth without much tartar buildup, even at 14 years of age.

I've never brushed a dog's teeth... so, do many of you do this regularly? Is an enzymatic toothpaste best? How often, etc?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just looking into this myself. Only because Chief has this horrible doggy breath.. hehe. My mom does a little grooming and she said that a book she owns says that you can use baking soda and water. I guess enough water to make it a paste then just use a toothbrush. I havent tried it. I was wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not all Poodles need it. I give mine rawhides and shin bones and those for the most part keep their teeth clean. I do however brush my Standards teeth about once a week to help keep them shiny.

Edit: I just buy dog toothpaste from the store.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I just started brushing my dog's teeth. Mikey's need some TLC but the other dogs teeth are sparkly white. I still brush everyone anyways.

My dogs are funny about getting even attention. If I stack one dog up, they all come over and stand in front of me until I stack them up too. Then they go on there way. lol Now its the same with the teeth brushing. Silly dogs!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Moose likes tooth paste... who'd have thought chicken tooth paste would make anyone happy :banghead:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I give mine rawhide chews and things and do brush their teeth. However, has anyone got any advice on brushing the back ones?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts