Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mini poodle is a rescue and on her paperwork it says that she is a cream colored poodle. I think she looks like a very very light cream color to almost white. Anyway, along her back is a sprinkling of odd hairs that are not cream in color. They are a light brown or even a reddish brown. I don't know if that's normal or if she's a mutant.

I have given her a bath, but she hasn't been professionally groomed. I've had her just over two weeks, and she's very shy. I'm letting her settle in and get used to being bathed, brushed, and dried before I take her to be groomed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
That is typical with apricot and cream poodles. Although they are primarily cream, light color, there are darker, apricot color/hairs blended in. You should look at the thread on this forum for cream poodles and you can see there is quite a bit of variance in that color. Sunny is referred to as cream, but almost has a stripe down his back of apricot as well as his ears. That would be my guess. Will be more noticeable when she is groomed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts