Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dancing: So I will be heading out around 5 to pick up my new baby boy! I'm super excited! Any last minute tips for me? ... crate training, introducing him to the house, basic firsts?
THANKS so much! I am SO glad I joined this forum, I've learned tons already and know I'll learn even more once Rogan's home!
:elefant:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yay, so exciting! I feel excited for today after all the photos and waiting. :)

No real tips... Just remember to give him his space and let him set the tone. If he wants to sleep, that's fine, and if he wants to play, that's fine too! Pups will react in different ways to the stress of movin to a new home. One of ours just wanted to sleep in her crate the first couple of days when she got back as that's where she felt safest.

The other thing is don't be surprised if he seems quiet the first couple of days. I've heard so many people say oh he's so quiet and well behaved for day 1 to 3, then day 4 a crazed puppy who is comfortable in his new home explodes out!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
That's awesome! I had to look up your area to see what time zone you're in. Looks like you probably already have you little guy. Hope you are having a blast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts