Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do brindle poodles fade? I was wondering if silver brindles fade to all silver with age. What about other fading colors of poodles that are brindle?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting, I had a look into this. From what I have seen brindles don’t fade. Silver brindles still have brindle markings even when they have cleared. Brindle markings are less prominent when the coat is longer and more prominent when short.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also wondering about this - we would like to get a brindle and love the striped look. But I suspect that as the dog gets older, the darker stripes would fade in the same way that a solid dark coat tends to. Eventually the stripes would be much less distinct. Is there anyone out there who's got a brindle over the age of 4 or 5 that could comment?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Brindles fade. A black brindle fades to blue, a silver brindle would likely fade to a light silver. They're striking, and brindle naturally occurs in poodles, but I don't know of a reputable breeder who is pursuing this coloring.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That hasn't been my experience, Coconut. I rescued a brindle years ago. By age 4 he was blue. This seems to be the common experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Liz - do you happen to have any pictures from when your brindle was young and then once he had faded?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts