Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a new question about breeders as I’m still in the process of finding a breeder I love. I have found a good, Kennel Club registered and assured, breeder. However, the breed clubs / show breeders do not speak particularly fondly of this breeder as she breeds “a lot”.

Would this be a red flag for you? I looked up the stud dog of this particular litter and the dog has a litter every month almost.... so it’s giving me puppy farmer vibes. Seems like she is giving that stud to anyone who wants it. The show people say that in every quarters puppy register she has a ton of her puppies - she is always there.
BUT she has a ton of good references on the website and she does do all health tests and she is also KC assured. She also seems to be doing Puppy Culture etc.

Any thoughts?
Thank you as always!
Helga

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Website recommendations aren't worth anything. My concern would be how she can give appropriate care and socialization to puppies if she is producing so many.

What about this site makes him so desirable? Does he have a lot of titles?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Website recommendations aren't worth anything. My concern would be how she can give appropriate care and socialization to puppies if she is producing so many.

What about this site makes him so desirable? Does he have a lot of titles?
Yeah, he is a Russian import, and apparently has a lot of champions in his lineage. He had 6 litters in 2019, and 6 in 2020, so I guess it's every other month. The mom has only had 2 litters in the past 4 years. They do have a lot of dogs, and a lot of litters. They also seem to have changed their name from A to B, but both A and B still appear in the breed register, so A and B combined have a LOT of litters. This all screams puppy farming to me, but their weekly videos of pups on the website, the reviews, the health tests and the KC assured status baffle me.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yeah, he is a Russian import, and apparently has a lot of champions in his lineage. He had 6 litters in 2019, and 6 in 2020, so I guess it's every other month. The mom has only had 2 litters in the past 4 years. They do have a lot of dogs, and a lot of litters. They also seem to have changed their name from A to B, but both A and B still appear in the breed register, so A and B combined have a LOT of litters. This all screams puppy farming to me, but their weekly videos of pups on the website, the reviews, the health tests and the KC assured status baffle me.
But the sire himself has no titles? Seems like a lot of litters for a non titled dog. Do they use their sire for all their litters? Do they show their dogs or have other titles?

I say reviews aren't worth anything because they are choosing what reviews to show on their own website. And also puppy buyers usually review soon after getting their puppy and that doesn't tell you about the adult temperament or health.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts