Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have been thinking about getting another standard poodle in about a year, now that Evie has matured and has mostly turned into a civilized poodle.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on breeders-bloodlines for a standard poodle who would be competing in events such as obedience rally and possibly scent work?
I am not as much into conformation type stuff, so that does not matter as much, as long as the poodles from the breeder are all health tested and sound in body.
I also do not care much about the color, just possibly not white.
And, also not sure if this is possible from a breeder that gets the puppies used to swimming when they are young.
I and Evie live in Texas and are willing to drive to all the states next to Texas.

Thank you for any ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
possibly pm dogsavvy who just found a puppy she likes in oklahoma, i believe. she was looking for a dog with guardian instincts. several pf members have donnchada (spring, tx) dogs. there's a breeder in texas, argan, listed at poodlesonline that does testing. and next door you have nola standards in new orleans, who is a respected member here. probably other pf members have additional suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts