Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you know of any apricot or red toy or mini poodle breeders who raise with Puppy Culture techniques? Near California preferred. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,030 Posts
I'm not familiar with Puppy Culture, per se. From the website it seems to try to encapsulate modern trends in breeding and training. If this is the case, then most reputable breeders will meet these criteria, even if they don't follow this precise system. Unless there's a major deviation that I haven't spotted?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Liz. I've talked to several breeders now, and I believe you are right. The good ones all incorporate aspects of it (and don't necessarily call it "puppy culture").

I'm still looking for a reputable breeder of apricot or red toys or minis. It looks like Moonstruck in San Diego fits the criteria. Any others?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Hopefully someone with Toys will chime in. I've had good luck networking through breeders who don't have any skin in the game. I would not hesitate to reach out to a mini or standard red breeder who looks solid or a toy breeder outside of this area.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
PS - this is a very long shot, but you might consider reaching out to Tabatha at NOLA Standard Poodles and Cherie at Arreau in Ontario. They posted here eons ago (and may still do irregularly). Both breed reds but standards. One of them might know of someone breeding toys closer to you. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know of any apricot or red toy or mini poodle breeders who raise with Puppy Culture techniques? Near California preferred. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in the bay area as well and I have been looking for one myself ( either red toy or mini). It's been 6 months and I haven't found one :cry:
I talked to Sara Jane and her puppies are very expensive (closer to $5K). A lot of people in the forum raised some red flags on the breeder as well.
I also talked to west coast poodle but their waitlist is 8-10 months long. Not a lot of details on how ethical their breeding program is but they seem to take good care of their dog in IG.

Let me know if you end up getting your puppy from anywhere, I would love to know which breeder you end up going with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Run, don't walk away from Sara Jane. We found out the hard way that she is a fraud. She told us many conflicting facts about a puppy for which we gave her a $1200 deposit (for a poodle $5800). We cancelled the contract the next day and will have to take her to small claims court to get our deposit back.

She has a horrible reputation in the small town of Los Gatos. I posted an inquiry on our Nextdoor website and had many people private message me to stay away from her. Get this - She was a dog walker and pet sitter who suddenly started to breed dogs. In the past couple years, she has sold dogs as pure bred, and the dogs were later DNA tested and were not pure bred at all. She has many lawsuits for her unethical business practices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts