Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with everything being so crazy in the world right now, I keep debating to have our pup delivered by the breeders Nanny. Does anyone know how it works? Would I pay the nanny the amount due upon delivery? I'm not an overly trusting person when it comes to any transaction, but I've also always drove to pick up our pets. She's only 3 hrs away and I normally would just go pick her up but with the state of unrest and covid on top of everything my husband isn't a fan of me driving that far. (he is uncomfortable if I even go a half block to the store right now.) so before I make a decision, I just wanted some outside opinions on how it works, etc. Of course, I'll ask the breeder more info as well but I just wanted outside opinions first.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Make him go with you if he's so scared for your safety, loving husband, and go get the pup from the breeder as that way you'll know where from, what's what and they get paid, etc.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won’t allow him to go with, if he went then we’d have to have our young children with us, which I won’t risk right now. That and it’s his only day off so I want him to be able to relax, he works very hard for our family and he’s a very loving husband.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So with everything being so crazy in the world right now, I keep debating to have our pup delivered by the breeders Nanny. Does anyone know how it works? Would I pay the nanny the amount due upon delivery? I'm not an overly trusting person when it comes to any transaction, but I've also always drove to pick up our pets. She's only 3 hrs away and I normally would just go pick her up but with the state of unrest and covid on top of everything my husband isn't a fan of me driving that far. (he is uncomfortable if I even go a half block to the store right now.) so before I make a decision, I just wanted some outside opinions on how it works, etc. Of course, I'll ask the breeder more info as well but I just wanted outside opinions first.
For only a 3 hour trip (6 hour round trip), I would definitely drive, even in the current times, rather than worry about getting a pet nanny involved and having to deal with flights, pick up at the airport, etc. Typically when using a nanny you will need to pay the cost of the flight there and back for the nanny, any transportation charges she/he incurs for the trip to and from the airport, the cost of the flight for the puppy, and whatever fee the nanny charges for her/his services to bring the puppy to you. The nanny would also need to make sure when booking the flight that there is room for your puppy - typically airlines only allow a certain number of non-service pets on a flight, last time I checked it was no more than 2. If the puppy is going to be flying, you will also need to provide a carry bag for them. I fly to get my pups from my breeder and bring them home in cabin, but she is further than a 3-hour drive for me and I could not make it there and back in one day so would have to stay overnight in a hotel, etc. I ship the carry bag to her house and she gets them used to it before I pick them up from her at the airport so they are comfortable in it.

Not sure how the nanny works payment. You will have had to pay your breeder in full for your puppy before picking it up so don't know if the nanny books the flights and adds up the cost of those, airport travel, cost of the pup's flight and their charge for the nanny service and you pay that amount before picking up the pup as well.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
400 Posts
Then if you are fine with the extra charges related to the delivery and don't want to make the drive yourself, I'd have the pup delivered.

Reactions: Dogs4Life

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree that it sounds like, given the choices, having the puppy delivered to you might be the best choice. I know others on the board have had nannies or had the breeder personally deliver their puppies for an extra charge.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I agree with PeggyTheParti. Hopefully you have already met the breeder and the breeding dogs and you know how the puppies are being raised. If you are 100% comfortable with the breeder and with the way your puppy will be chosen for you, then delivery sounds fine. But of course, you will want to know how the puppy will be traveling. If there are any lingering doubts or questions, make the trip yourself. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I trust the breeder. So I’ve researched the trip and my dads very familiar with the interstates and travel here so I talked to him and he said if things don’t improve by then, I could take a back route and he gave me those directions that way I bypass the bigger cities. So as of right now I’ll drive. I trust the breeder, I’m just not sure I’d be comfortable with a nanny driving her. The breeder knows the nanny but I don’t. Plus I’m worried I’d be antsy all day waiting lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts