Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of Dogwood Kennels? Elaine Geer is the owner and would like to know any info as neighbor is interested in a puppy from her.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Very little information on the Internet about her, but I would say that she looks like a typical Backyard Breeder. Does your neighbor know what testing has been done on the dam or sire? If you can get the registered names of the dam and sire, I can help you find out more information.

Red flags for me:

1. Calling the color "chocolate" when the official color is Brown.
2. The size of her 4 month old puppy. Bigger is NOT better.
3. Referencing "Champion Lines".... marketing ploy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
AAAAKKKKKKK!!!!
Stay far far away!!!!!!! I try not to say anything bad about breeders- but...... this one is worse than Katie Dokken. At least Katie at one time tried,
Ms Geer has always been a filthy puppy mill. I have heard nothing but horror stories.
Carole

·
Registered
997 Posts
If she wants a brownie, maybe she should talk to Carole and see if any of her recent litter is still available.

If she wants another color, PM me and I can suggest some breeders in the area.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I was looking into Saratoga last year since my hubby is crazy about browns also and they do remind me of IWS which is my second favorite breed LOL

I really liked the look of her dogs and the fact that they actually hold the pigment well, but I never took time to go on OFA or to PoodleHealthRegistry and check pedigrees, so I can not give any additional input .

Cbrand - you know of some fantastic brown lines !!!!! : ))) Can you share :) ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts