Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with Enrapture Poodles in Florida? Advertises over 20 generations of red and champion sired ; and parents imported from South Africa. I’ve never come across the import from South Africa before and don’t know if that’s a normal thing or a great thing to have.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I'm not personally familiar with them and there's no hits on a Search thru PF.

Answering your last question first. Breeders do sometimes import from other countries. This is the first time I've heard of poodles coming from South Africa but there's no reason that they shouldn't :). The reason they're importing is more important than that they're importing.

Usually a breeder will import to bring genetic diversity or to add something to their lines that isn't available elsewhere. Enrapture states that they're breeding for conformation and seem to be breeding for color. I see nothing mentioned about health testing, any showing of their own to continue proving the conformation, and I'm disappointed to see the phrase Tiny Toy. That's simply descriptive of undersize toys which are often subject to even more health issues than an insize toy.

The statement of 20 generations of red is something that someone with more breeding knowledge than I have will need t weigh in on. I'm familiar with some of the other kennels they mention as part of their lines and they're considered good lines so far as I know.

Their website is more what I think of as a placeholder rather than a truly informational site. If I were looking for myself, I wouldn't rule them out automatically but I'd have many questions for them, some of which are in the resources in your other thread.

Reactions: JREM

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually have a pup from this breeder. My experience is mixed. First of all, I will say that I absolutely love my puppy, she is very healthy- no issues whatsoever (other than she is a bit smaller than I anticipated) and has an exceptionally good temperament and is very smart. In that sense, I couldn't be happier! Now when it comes the breeder themselves, they certainly are not 'fancy' by any means. They came recommended by a FL poodle club group and I also know the sire of my puppy was a highly sought after show dog that another, more 'reputable breeder' (on paper at least) was leasing next. So while the dog is fantastic, and she does seem to breed healthy/beautiful purebred poodles she lacks paperwork. Now that I have AKC papers, everything checks out. But she does not have any testing paperwork and the biggest issue for me was that the pup was not taken to the vet nor given the health guarantee from a vet prior to bringing her home, which I came to learn actually isn't legal in FL. Again, she is 100% healthy and is exactly the dog I expected/was told I was getting when I paid...but something to consider if you are looking for a more traditional experience with a breeder. I am happy to answer any questions you may have :) OH, and I also snooped around on FB and personally reached out to 3-4 other people I found who have her pups and all have perfectly health, happy, gorgeous poodles. So she is a good breeder, but not great on paper...if that makes sense. Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts