Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a standard poodle puppy and I’ve recently been in contact with Dubois Standard Poodles in Illinois.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this breeder?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don’t have personal experience, but I did just get a puppy so I have experience looking at breeder websites haha!
One thing I notice is that they don’t list their Dams, and a lot of the dogs don’t have OFA result. OFA is an organization that keeps track of all of the health and orthopedic testing done. Anyone can look up a dog if they have their show name. It looks like her most recent litter is from Dubois Impreston Sharma Doll and Kit-Sue’s Chaps the One athough even that isn’t super clear so I’d check with the breeder to make sure. Anyway both of these dogs I could not find on OFA. You can look them up here: OFA.org

To me, the basics of a good breeder is one that does all of the necessary health testing. This is the guide I followed for health testing when choosing a breeder: Standard Testing - Versatility In Poodles, Inc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a standard poodle puppy and I’ve recently been in contact with Dubois Standard Poodles in Illinois.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this breeder?
Yes! Our 10 month old poodle, Walter came from her. She is great and so is Walter! He was potty trained almost from the time we brought him home! He is a smart and healthy guy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts