Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I went to an All Breeds Championship show, I entered with my Dobermann, and with Saffy, I entered the Junior Handlers Heat to qualify for the Junior Handler final to go to Crufts!

I went nowhere with my Dobermann, his family did well, his sister placing 3rd in puppy stakes, Res Bitch CC, and Puppy of Group, and his father went Res Dog CC one day, and Dog CC and ROB the other. His breeder is really pleased at how well he is turning out, but says that he will develop more of a front as he matures more, his father was the same, and he is doing really well now at 3 yrs old.

Anyway.... onto the pics!

I ended up placing 2nd in the Heat, to a girl that handles many different breeds, and has been doing so since she was about 8 or so. The judge said that it was soo soo close between me and her, and that I did extremely well. I even bet a couple of people that flew down especially for this heat. She also showed Standard Poodles and said that I did especially well with Saffy, as she said how difficult it can be to show them. I also handled a whippet, as you had to swap breeds, to test you. He was an absolute little sh!t lol, just a week out of puppy, and was owned by this 12 yr old girl who absolutely babied him. He had no attention, and was completely focus on sniffing the ground and jumping onto other dogs.... but despite all of that, I ended up handling him well!

Pics..

This is me with Saffy's breeder after the heat.. she was the assistant judge, and said she thought I should have won ...lol

And looking at the pics, Saffy is a wee bit stretched too far... oops!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And some Toy poodles..

Mum.. When are you putting my hair back up so I can see???

And this is wee Tasha... she is only 4 months old, and the cutest wee puppy ever!! Looking at her, she looks tiny, but under all of that fluff, is an amazing body! She is a solid wee thing!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Saying hello to Saffy

Once she had found my lap, she didn't want to leave, and she even found her way back to me!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost ready for the ring! When is that damn judge getting back from lunch!!!

Tasha getting ready

I'll just have a wee snooze.. wake me up when she gets here

I don't know what is happening, but I'm getting food!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dog on the right, got BOB both days, and I actually remembered seeing him as a puppy because his breeder lived only 2 houses away from us.

My sweet Tasha

And Saffy was soo tired after all of this kerfuffle! I carried her around afterwards, and she fell asleep on my shoulder!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is Spencer the Mini

I got to handle him to BOB on the Saturday, and I am waiting for pictures to come of that..

The only Standard Poodle, Lea

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The toy in Group

and all three varieties in group

And Macy, she is 10 months or so old.. very pretty

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
These are GREAT pictures, Jak! 8D All the poos are just adorable! It sounds like you made quite the friend with that toy! ^^ Glad to hear you had fun!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And this is wee Sky

She was so cute, and her owner said that if I lived closer she would let me show her... !! !! !!

I really wish I lived in Christchurch..

and the Lagotto we were staying with

We stayed with these lovely people, they had 5 Affenpinschers, a Briard and a Lagotto..

We had 3 Griffon Bruxellois', a Dobermann and a Standard Poodle....

It was fun!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my Dobermann's breeder with his sister

Brother and Sister in the Ring

And Best Bitch line up

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, another Poodle Party pic.. finally got from my friend..

And Lara thinks the whole thing is Hi-LAIR-ious

Will add the rest of the pics later.... but I am hungry and tired, and have to go to agility training in the rain...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
awesome!!! as you already know, I'm very envious of your awesome weekend away, you met so many people and did all the things I wish I could have!!! lol GOOD ON YA!!!! Can't wait to see more pics too! hehehe

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awesome!!! as you already know, I'm very envious of your awesome weekend away, you met so many people and did all the things I wish I could have!!! lol GOOD ON YA!!!! Can't wait to see more pics too! hehehe
It was awesome.. It would be awesome if you could come to these shows too..
Anyway, just got some pictures emailed of me with Spencer, the miniature poodle I got to show.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I must have missed something...who is Tasha?? Fabulous photos and it looks like you did awesome and had a really great time. Do you have another shot at Crufts?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must have missed something...who is Tasha?? Fabulous photos and it looks like you did awesome and had a really great time. Do you have another shot at Crufts?
Lol... Tasha is the cute wee white toy poodle puppy.. look earlier on in the thread :)

Yes, there is one final heat, I have made arrangements, and I have organised a ride to the other side of the South Island to get to it.. I will also get to see Tasha again, and show Spencer, and show a toy poodle as well.

And if all goes well, I will compete in the final at the national show to go to crufts :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts