Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, Does anyone have experience with a breader that breads large white healthy standard poodles. And would be willing to ship them. Just making sure I look at all my options. Things are very limited where i live. I think i found a breeder, but will be paying 1400.00. There are a lot of options in that price range.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I dont know any breeders off the top of my head. I would say though that 1400$ actually seems about the right price for a well bred standard poodle. Generally 1200-2000$ seems to be the going rate for pet quality from Quality breeders. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
1400 would be a touch on the low end in my opionion and from my experience in researching :curl-lip:, however my search was focused more on Reds ... best of luck! :clover:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Whos making bread?! >.>

Same here, things are very limited here, before I got Mika I had only
seen a spoo once in my life (no kidding). Around here finding a quality
breeder for any dog breed is hard to do, so many bybs around here its
nuts!

·
Registered
335 Posts
One website that lists poodles is PoodlesOnline.com. I have minis which are more difficult to find than standards-some breeders have all sizes such as ash's mystical (where I bought my cream mini). Marquisdiamond in CA is a very nice breeder and Donnchada in TX. I know that Mithril Standards in TX has a gorgeous red pup left (my son and daughter-in-law recently puchased from there).

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I agree that 1400.00 is on the lower end of what a nice bred standard costs. They are usually anywhere from 1500.00 to 2500.00 from almost any given reputable breeder. However, they will usually budge on the price if you ask and they like the home you are going to provide.

I know Susan from Marquis Diamond Standards personally and she is close friends (co-breeders) with Mithril Standards. Both work hard to maintain good health and beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Shocking to our friends and family (who asked, I didn't offer the info) we paid $1700 for our 'pet quality' standard.
My family members have been shocked when they have asked what a show quality or well bred dog cost's. A quality bred dog can cost some $$.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That is how we felt. We weren't just buying a dog, but how it was raised (in the home), how it was fed, how it had been treated and handled up until we got it, how it was bred, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts