Poodle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Another note: I'm hesitant to admit it because I've never seen anybody else do this, but due to the narrow teeth spacing I actually use the bravmini to skim the edges of ear leather when I shave the ears. I have never cut the leather doing this. Looks really nice, better than I can scissor. Just have to take care with that bit of the ear that is a little pocket along the edge since the leather is super thin there.
Oh! I’ll give that a try! Thank you! I always seem to leave a little ruffle on Peggy’s ears. Hate it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I find it helpful to push the pads open with my fingers from the top of the foot to scoop in the back. I do a way better job of that than the tops. For the nails, I have been switching to the 40 setting and just touching the Bravuras down on the edge of the nail bed and can get way less wispies that way.

@Raindrops- thank you for the comparison picture. That just nudged the Bravmini up a spot or two on my tools I want list.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I’m doing the pads, but not well! I have the most success holding her feet the way I would hold a horse’s. Have you ever picked a horse’s hooves? If not, it’s worth a google! That position seems to help Peggy maintain her balance, so she’s less likely to fight me.

But I’m hoping the BravMini will make it even easier.
Yep, I'm a rider so I know exactly what you mean. We haven't mastered staying standing for grooming. I've had the best luck with her laying down and just maneuvering around her to get all 4 feet. But hopefully we'll graduate to staying standing for more of the grooming session. In addition to practicing the foot handling standing, I think it will become easier as I get faster too, right now it's asking a lot from her to stay standing as I muddle through clumsily.

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think it will become easier as I get faster too, right now it's asking a lot from her to stay standing as I muddle through clumsily.
Yeah, this is very much where I’m at, too. Wish I had a poodle mannequin to practise on!

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
625 Posts
I finished Elroy's right rear foot tonight. Funny how the other 3 were easily tolerated, but the right rear, not so much. Shaving the tops was a piece of cake, but cleaning up the Shaggy pads (on the right rear) isn't really his favorite thing .

21 - 26 of 26 Posts