Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brandi Wyne has had an Accident...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need advise from everyone...Here is what happened ...I dropped my poodle off at the groomer this morning around 11:00 and did not get her back until 9:00 tonight....when I arrived to pick her up the groomer met me at the door and said there had been an accident. Well needless to say I became very upset....the groomer stated that she is alright(my poodle) but she hung her self while she was being bathed.....and it caused her eyes to be blood shot.....BOTH OF HER EYES ARE BLOOD RED......other than that she appears to be ok...the groomer was apologetic and told me to take her to the vet in the morning and she would pay for everything...Well I wanted to know if you all think that she could have jumped out of the bath tub and hang herself......where was the groomer.....she could not have been watching her at all....What is your alls opinion on this "ACCIDENT"...I am very concerned .....

·
Registered
478 Posts
Regardless - I would be upset to know why she didn't call you! Something that happened to cause that type of physical reaction should have been brought to your attention right away!!! You could've possibly gotten her seen by the vet today - depending on what time it happened.
And it does seem to be very irresponsible - if she had ahold of her then how could she have fallen? I would be switching groomers at the very least but I would be asking lots of questions before I let the matter settle.
I've very sorry that happened to your pup and hope everything is okay soon.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I would not pressume to defend the groomer, but a lot of times red eyes is more an indicator of stress than injury. It doesn't mean that the dog has been hurt... Of course I'm not saying that Brandi wasn't hurt, and I would follow the groomers advice to go the vet in the morning (AT THE GROOMER'S EXPENSE!!!), to get her checked out. What groomer is open till 9pm?? WHY didn't they call you right away to come get her if they couldn't handle her or weren't responsible enough to keep her safe??!!!If this is a pet superstore of any type you need to talk to a manager asap thats a pretty serious thing.
I would seriously question the groomer as to how your dog could have been allowed to hang herself or jump out of a tub. You should NEVER be more than an arms length away from a dog who is clipped to a tub or onto a table. I am soooo sorry about poor Brandy.

Hey sass, are you on the groomer BBS? Whats your username? I'm Tibster, but I don't post often.

I can honestly say that if I have a dog in tub or on table that is in danger of jumping off I don't let it, and would certainly NEVER let it just hang there. I am appalled. If I can calm a dog down and it's posing a risk to it's safety or mine I call the owner and send it home. I am soooo mad reading your post!!! That is just unacceptable! I cannot imagine how I would feel in your position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This groomer is located in a rural part of Eastern Kentucky..she operates the business out of her home...And yes, I will find me another groomer...I only used this one because she was located close to my home, Brandi Wyne always gets sick in the car...so that is why I used this groomer but never again...thanks for all the replies....Scott

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
OMG!!!!! Why in the hell didn't she call you earlier!? Thats the worste thing I have ever heard. Im soooo sorry you are having to deal with that and your DOGS TRAMA to say the least.

Im immediately wondering if that really was an accident? How could that happen? Did she make the dog proceed through the whole grooming process after that. OMG! Obviously she must of. How is your dog acting? How was she when you arrived? Please please take your dog to the vet and have the vet do a extensive (sp) exam.

Please tell us what happens after the vet and how your baby is doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG!!!!! Why in the hell didn't she call you earlier!? Thats the worste thing I have ever heard. Im soooo sorry you are having to deal with that and your DOGS TRAMA to say the least.

Im immediately wondering if that really was an accident? How could that happen? Did she make the dog proceed through the whole grooming process after that. OMG! Obviously she must of. How is your dog acting? How was she when you arrived? Please please take your dog to the vet and have the vet do a extensive (sp) exam.

Please tell us what happens after the vet and how your baby is doing.

Yes Brandi went through with the grooming....she seems to be ok...she is tired but she always is after her grooming...I will be taking her to the VET in the morning....thanks everyone...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yes Brandi went through with the grooming....she seems to be ok...she is tired but she always is after her grooming...I will be taking her to the VET in the morning....thanks everyone...
She's always tired after grooming?? How tired are we talking about here? She isn't that old that one grooming should wear her out. How often do you get her groomed if I may ask? If it's with any regularity I would be questioning her behavior while she's at the groomer. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying she's being bad or anything. What I'm getting at is she is likely uncomfortable with the groomer you are using and there might be quite a struggle going on there. That can't be pleasant for her, or for you. Maybe if live in an area with any other options as far as grooming goes you can find somebody who isn't going to keep so long and can groom her in as stress free an enviroment as possible. This might mean making early morning, early pick-up, or late evening appointments. Something where you can pick her up as soon as she is finished if your schedual allows would be good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's always tired after grooming?? How tired are we talking about here? She isn't that old that one grooming should wear her out. How often do you get her groomed if I may ask? If it's with any regularity I would be questioning her behavior while she's at the groomer. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying she's being bad or anything. What I'm getting at is she is likely uncomfortable with the groomer you are using and there might be quite a struggle going on there. That can't be pleasant for her, or for you. Maybe if live in an area with any other options as far as grooming goes you can find somebody who isn't going to keep so long and can groom her in as stress free an enviroment as possible. This might mean making early morning, early pick-up, or late evening appointments. Something where you can pick her up as soon as she is finished if your schedual allows would be good.
Yes there is other groomers in the area and I will find me a new one for sure...she will never go to this groomer again..I should have seen the warning signs but I did not ...but from this point on....she will be taken where she will receive the best care...Thanks Scott

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Good grief that's horrible! I would be so ****ed if that happened to
one of my babies, especially after everything you've been through
lately with Brandi, poor girl. I agree with your decision to find a new
groomer pronto, and at least the damn woman is paying for her vet
trip, that's the least she could do. :banghead:

Best wishes from me and my poos to you and Brandi Wyne. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brandi Wyne is in the Hospital...she is very ill

I had to take my Poodle to the Hospital this morning.......she is at Applachian Hospital....Dr. Smith said she is in very bad shape...she has a severe neck injury and her pupils are not responding to light...She is taking antibiotics and steroids by an IV so that the swelling will go down.....and then they can xray her neck and see how severe it is...Gene the vet is very concerned over her and so am I ......I am so angry at the groomer that I can not talk to her at this point......everyone please say a little prayer for my poodle

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I had to take my Poodle to the Hospital this morning.......she is at Applachian Hospital....Dr. Smith said she is in very bad shape...she has a severe neck injury and her pupils are not responding to light...She is taking antibiotics and steroids by an IV so that the swelling will go down.....and then they can xray her neck and see how severe it is...Gene the vet is very concerned over her and so am I ......I am so angry at the groomer that I can not talk to her at this point......everyone please say a little prayer for my poodle
GOOD GOD! I would so sue that damn groomer if possible! :banghead:
That is just terrible, you are DEFINITELY in my thoughts and prayers
and Brandi especially.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dr Smith the Vet said that her pupils not responding to light was very disturbing....It was so hard leaving her...I am afraid she thinks I have abandoned her...They told me that they would call and keep me informed but it is so hard just waiting....Please say a Prayer for my Precious Brandi Wyne....Scott

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Wow, thi9s is the reason I do NOT use a noose when grooming. I would hate if anything like this would ever happen to my dogs or to anyone else dog!

Poor Brandi! I would definitely file a police report on the groomer for animal endangerment/abuse/neglect.

Wow....

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Im sorry but I think the groomer is lying about what really happened. Im sure she was hung somehow but I think this was deliberate, not accidental. The groomer would of called sooner if it was a honest accident. No excuses!

Im so upset about this happening to Brandi. I really hope you persue a law suite and make all attemps to have her reported to the better business bureau or whom ever you would contact in regard's to this situation.

Did she (groomer) attend the vet appointment today? If Im coming off rude Im just very irritated. I would of went after that groomer after hearing more bad news at the vet. OMG!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im sorry but I think the groomer is lying about what really happened. Im sure she was hung somehow but I think this was deliberate, not accidental. The groomer would of called sooner if it was a honest accident. No excuses!

Im so upset about this happening to Brandi. I really hope you persue a law suite and make all attemps to have her reported to the better business bureau or whom ever you would contact in regard's to this situation.

Did she (groomer) attend the vet appointment today? If Im coming off rude Im just very irritated. I would of went after that groomer after hearing more bad news at the vet. OMG!
No the groomer did not attend the Vet visit and believe you me I have went off on her already today...Thanks for being concerned It is good to have fellow dog lovers to talk to...Scott

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
No the groomer did not attend the Vet visit and believe you me I have went off on her already today...Thanks for being concerned It is good to have fellow dog lovers to talk to...Scott
Thanks so much for keeping us all posted. I think everyone here would agree, we are like a family, ecspecially when we hear a beloved dog is ill or hurt. Well, I'll be hoping for the best and that Brandi will have speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Is the groomer paying for treatment for your baby?? If soemthing like this were to happen in my salon I would most definitly be paying for any and all related vet bills. Then again I would also have called you as soon as it happened, things might have been different if you had been able to get her to the vet yesterday.

You are well within your rights to contact whoever is in charge of animals enforcement in your area, most of the time it's the local human society. About a year ago a really large grooming, daycare, boarding operation in my area was closed and the owner/operator aressted and jailed for something like 30 counts of animal cruelty.
Another option is to do what one of the other owners of my salon did when he caught a groomer in the act of mistreating his toy poodle, he picked the dog right up off the table and walked out after some pretty harsh words I'm sure. He typed up what had happened in a letter and then faxed and snail mailed it to every vet in our county, every shelter, every pet shop, every boarding facility, edvery pet sitter he could find and all of the other groomers in the area. The groomer in question is no longer in bussiness and now I groom the baby. It's a thought.

I really hope Brandi recovers without delay from this incident. Jazz and I are sending healing vibes your way!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Oh Scott, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I am so disturbed that I am sick to my stomach. Hopefully Brandi will come out of this just fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she does. Sending more healing vibes your way.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would agree with the others that I would report this to the Better Business Bureau and any other agency that would be appropriate. It seems fishy to me - accident? But whether it was or wasn't, the groomer ROYALLY messed up here. She should've called you right away! And this doesn't only affect poor little Brandi - but you are potentially saving any other dog that would go there to be groomed from such a horrible situation.
If there was a groomer in this area that had made such a mistake, I would want to know so that I would be able to go elsewhere.
Thanks for keeping us posted - we are all thinking of you and hoping this all turns out okay.

·
Registered
329 Posts
OMG!! So sorry to hear about Brandi! I sure hope your baby is going to be ok. This is my worst fear when leaving my dogs with anyone. I can't imagine how frustrated and ****ed and worried you are. When do you expect an update?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts