Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a poodle owner, I tend to find we steal the show in puppy classes/obedience classes/life in general. For example, today in puppy class Millie got to demonstrate "loose leash walking" to the entire class (even though we have never even worked on it before!)

Poodles are just that smart! So, I want to hear everyone's stories about how YOUR poodle has stolen the show/caused jaws to drop/pranced about proudly.

Ready, GO!

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
I took Poppy to puppy classes - at the Christmas Party she won every game hands down! I had to sit out a bit in the end, to give the other pups a chance. She is now so good at loose lead walking we go off by ourselves and practice something else while the rest of the class struggle on. She is still a bit clingy, though - I am having to really work on making her commfortable to let me go out of her sight.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Go Millie! Steal the show! :) Love it when poodles totally rock training classes... it's awesome seeing other people realize that poodles are smart AND beautiful!

I parade Desmond around all the time, haha. He's a real looker, and I am proud of how totally gorgeous he is. People stop and stare all the time. :D In fact earlier today, on a regular old potty break I had the intense urge to walk him around and let him strut his stuff! He thoroughly enjoyed it. ;)
At the Petco we go to (where Des had training classes and passed his CGC), most of the employees know and love him. We get greeted when we show up haha. They brag about him to other customers "Oh, you should have seen this one poodle who just passed the class here, he's SO smart-" etc etc :) We get free toys when we go there hahahah it's awesome. Just about every time we go there, we come home with a free tennis ball.. XD

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nickel just finished his Puppy 101. He was the demo pup most of the time. When the rest of his classmates were still struggling to get a sit without a hand signal/treat, Nickel was able to do a sit stay and a down stay. His instructor just invited us to go to her next 101 class so that the new puppy owners can see the 'end-product'!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well done! Panda is a bit mental really, he is brilliant at home and on walks etc but but him in a puppy class environment and he looses himself with excitement and just wants to play with the other puppies or roll around on the floor, after a while though he calms down and does brilliantly but he is like a dog on crack half the time 0_o I think he needs some more distraction training so he can behave himself earlier rather than him having to go through all the mental excitableness, would probably help if he had another dog to play with regularly so he doesn't get so over excited when he is in close proximity to others lol. I will have to see if anyone round here wants to set up a play date with him ^_^

Saying that he did win some of the games in puppy class such a musical sit's/downs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts