Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years, Zeke has pretty much grown bored with regular squeaky toys so I decided to find plushies with different sounds. At the “advice” of Tucker Budzen(sp) I got him the Poop toy. It farts, and Zekefur loves it! He brings it to me every day after dinner, wants me to make it sound and then will keep it for a while to make the sounds over and over. He brings it back to me and it all starts again.

So I set out to find similar toys. The ones I found are for smaller dogs, but they do come in larger sizes. I found a cow that moos, (all the sounds I think are true to life), a pig that oinks, a monkey that screams, a with that cackles, a sheep that baas and so on. These are all little plushies btw. The small ones are inexpensive and the larger ones are still reasonable.

I only have a couple of them so far but Zekefur loves the sounds. I have the cow and the monkey. Oddly enough neither Zekefur or Stella treat these roughly and don’t try to get the stuffing, or sound box, out. There’s a kind of respect somehow. I have had the poop toy for months and it still looks brand new!

I’m going to try to give a link to the search page on amazon where you can see all the different animals they have. There are many more that I didn’t list. Here goes...
And no, I am not an agent for amazon trying to get people to buy my stuff lol.

Multipet Look Who’s Talking dog toys on amazon

I’ll see where that link takes me once I post.
Another good one that Zeke goes crazy for is the flying, screaming monkey!

Flying screaming monkey on eBay

This one is one of many offered. They are really inexpensive with free shipping from China. I believe there are US sellers also.

So I thought I’d share our new finds. I would also love to hear about other toys with unique sounds or other features that are not normal for a dog toy.

·
Super Moderator
1,460 Posts
Lol. Lucky Zeke.

When Pogo and Snarky were small, even before they got their adult teeth, I got them a Mr. Bill toy. It would shrill "OooooohNooooooh" when you poked it. The puppies stared at it, appalled, the first time they heard it. They flatly refused to play with it after that. I ended up taking it to work and donating it to the IT helpdesk to play with during a brutal upgrade. They would pound it on the desk after being reamed out by yet another angry user.

·
Super Moderator
5,116 Posts
Gracie also grew tired of "baby toys" (her words, not mine) as she approached her senior years, but THEN we discovered these:

I don't know what exactly is so magical about these deceptively simple squeaky balls, but they turned my little couch potato into a fetching fiend. And I've heard the same thing from other dog owners.

I think it's something about the texture. They're durable, but squeeze very easily in small mouths.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jessie adores the multipet toys. Definitely not for aggressive chewers because they have a plastic soundbox with a battery inside, but she has several of them and they last her a long time. We were even watching TV yesterday and- no joke- someone on the TV had a plastic chicken that made the same noise as her chicken multipet toy, and Jessie went frantic looking for her chicken in the house. I had to take it out from her toy drawer and hide it when she wasn't looking so she could discover it ;)

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I have the little frog that “rivets” and the gefilte fish that says “oy vey”. I took the gefilte fish to agility class last year because I train with treats, praise and toys. You should have seen the look on people’s faces when that silly toy unexpectedly said “oy vey”. They are cute toys.

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Multipet doesn’t have the plushie witch that cackles, and I can’t find another. Do any of you know where I can find one? And I don’t want to spend $20 on a toy that could be chewed up at anytime.

Lol. Lucky Zeke.

When Pogo and Snarky were small, even before they got their adult teeth, I got them a Mr. Bill toy. It would shrill "OooooohNooooooh" when you poked it. The puppies stared at it, appalled, the first time they heard it. They flatly refused to play with it after that. I ended up taking it to work and donating it to the IT helpdesk to play with during a brutal upgrade. They would pound it on the desk after being reamed out by yet another angry user.
Come to think of it, I didn’t introduce Zekefur to “real sound” toys until he was about 1.5-2 years old. I imagine Mr Bill would scare puppies. And where Zeke is fascinated with them, my others don’t even notice the sounds and couldn’t care less.

Gracie also grew tired of "baby toys" (her words, not mine) as she approached her senior years, but THEN we discovered these:

I don't know what exactly is so magical about these deceptively simple squeaky balls, but they turned my little couch potato into a fetching fiend. And I've heard the same thing from other dog owners.

View attachment 465091

I think it's something about the texture. They're durable, but squeeze very easily in small mouths.

I find it quite interesting how a dog’s favorite play thing can change in an instant. Zeke was never without a ball... ever. I bought him a small Kong, and before I could fill it with peanut butter he was playing like mad with it. He still does today. That was at least 3 years ago lol.

Jessie adores the multipet toys. Definitely not for aggressive chewers because they have a plastic soundbox with a battery inside, but she has several of them and they last her a long time. We were even watching TV yesterday and- no joke- someone on the TV had a plastic chicken that made the same noise as her chicken multipet toy, and Jessie went frantic looking for her chicken in the house. I had to take it out from her toy drawer and hide it when she wasn't looking so she could discover it ;)
I think it’s so cute when poodles get enamored with certain types of toys. If you have a few of them, well, that can be days worth of play lol.

I have the little frog that “rivets” and the gefilte fish that says “oy vey”. I took the gefilte fish to agility class last year because I train with treats, praise and toys. You should have seen the look on people’s faces when that silly toy unexpectedly said “oy vey”. They are cute toys.
I would have loved to be there when that happened! I had the same thing with the witch cackling while in a group of people. I wish I had known the GefiltenFish says “Oy vey”’as I definitely would have gotten it. That’s my first choice for the next two I order. I’m glad you said that lol!

·
Super Moderator
5,116 Posts
Multipet doesn’t have the plushie witch that cackles, and I can’t find another. Do any of you know where I can find one? And I don’t want to spend $20 on a toy that could be chewed up at anytime.
Might be seasonal. Anything you find now is probably from someone trying to make more than they should off it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Violet's new love is a light weight ball the same size as she is. She pushes it all over the house. It's quite funny to watch.

·
Super Moderator
5,116 Posts
Violet's new love is a light weight ball the same size as she is. She pushes it all over the house. It's quite funny to watch.
? That must be incredibly cute.

I tried a giant red lightweight ball with Peggy when she was a puppy and she lost. her. mind. She HATED it. Every once in a while I try again, but no luck. Launches her into hysterics every time.

For a dog who's pretty blasé about the vacuum and other doggy curiosities, I find it surprising.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
? That must be incredibly cute.

I tried a giant red lightweight ball with Peggy when she was a puppy and she lost. her. mind. She HATED it. Every once in a while I try again, but no luck. Launches her into hysterics every time.

For a dog who's pretty blasé about the vacuum and other doggy curiosities, I find it surprising.
That is very cute!?

Ohhhhhh Peggy? Maybe keep trying and when she's an adult, she might like it by then.

I'll have to get Sisko a giant ball and see what happens. I have a feeling he'll probably pop it, so maybe a basketball or a soccer ball?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for sharing I’ve been trying to find diva some new toys she looks after her so well so they never seem to need replacing just adding to. She has so many different types of ball ? I’m definitely getting a poop and a monkey the kids will love play with them with her ?

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds adorable! Reminds me that way-back-when, Zeke loved to push things around and since I had tile floors I got him a hockey puck. He loved it! And my baseboards took a beating. But it was really cute to watch.

Thanks for sharing I’ve been trying to find diva some new toys she looks after her so well so they never seem to need replacing just adding to. She has so many different types of ball ? I’m definitely getting a poop and a monkey the kids will love play with them with her ?
Vee, i got the poop toy that was featured on the Tucker Budzyn video. I got the same one as it looked really well made and seemed like it would last. There are cheaper ones available on amazon, but I can tell you the quality of the one I got is really good. I've had it for a long time now and it still looks brand new.

On amazon, you can find the POOP TOY here

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you are in the UK. It is so hard for me to keep track of who is where on here.

OK, I am not sorry you are in the UK, lol... I am sorry I didn't remember that.
? no worries. I‘m sometimes sorry for being here ? i’d rather somewhere more tropical ?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Lol. Lucky Zeke.

OMG, I love that toy! You have to be of a certain age to “get it“ (an old SNL recurring skit, for the youngsters out there). I gave this toy to my spoo for christmas and I swear he is confused by it. My beagle-X, on the other hand, will poke it over and over. I really want to give one to a training friend with a dog named William, who sometimes calls him Mr. Bill. BTW, this was an inexpensive find from Farm & Fleet, the source of a squawking chicken toy that my dogs loved to death. (Single-handedly keeping local stores in business)

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds adorable! Reminds me that way-back-when, Zeke loved to push things around and since I had tile floors I got him a hockey puck. He loved it! And my baseboards took a beating. But it was really cute to watch.
A hockey puck!! Good idea... Or maybe I’ll just put her on top of an air hockey table and play a round with her ? I expect she would win.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts