Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little guy has a ton of toys and No-Hide bones. We do interact with him for a bit throughout the day for 5-15 minutes at a time. We give him puzzles with small amounts of treats inside. But he still looks bored. When it's not broiling hot we take him for a walk at least 3 times a day and let him sniff until he wants to come home. Sometimes we'll play with him and a toy and after a short bit, he'll walk off with the toy and start sucking on it and not come back to us. I think he just wants us with him.

BUT, I believe it's because my husband is his playmate and heaps, and always has, heaped a lot of attention and plays with him. But we are not interacting with him he lies there an looks bored.

Sometimes if I"m working at my desk he'll come into my office and paw at my leg. When I ask him what he wants he takes me out of the room and runs into the family room. He's obviously asking me to either play or just be there for him so he can velcro himself to me.

What else can we do? Are we giving him too much attention? Is he just an attention hog?

·
Super Moderator
7,952 Posts
He's a dog. :) He's a pack animal. He sounds perfectly normal.

I like narrating whatever I'm doing for Peggy, or pausing to show her. She thinks the most mundane activities are absolutely fascinating, so it's a win-win: She gets some much-needed mental stimulation and I get to feel like the most interesting person on earth.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Poodles like company, which is why I have more than one, that said I play hide and seek with them as well as sing and dance with them which they think is a blast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts