Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some dumb questions/conversations I have had as a veterinary technician:

Just today:
This lady's cat has gone missing for 10 days, and now he is back. He is usually an indoor cat. She suspects he contracted ear mites and other parasites. So I schedule an appointment for him, and suggest she bring a stool sample. She asks: "Like, out of the litterbox?"

An old favorite: "My dog hasn't eaten for seven days now, and he's just laying there. Do you think I should bring him in?" Seriously people?

The absolute favorite: This gentleman brought his dog it, it was a spaniel mix of some sort. Older dog, well behaved, was presenting with early stage kidney disease. We run some blood/urine, and sure enough, that was what was going on. Not too huge of a deal, but still bad news. I brought the man the numbers and proceeded to explain that the dog has the early signs of kidney disease, and that we're going to start her on a special diet, etc. The poor guy looks shocked. So I was trying to be reassuring...explaining that in a dog her age (she was 14!) this is fairly common, and we can do a lot to make her comfortable, etc. He is still staring at me, just looking shocked. I feel kind of bad at this point, so I tell him to hold tight and that the Doctor will come in and talk to him a bit more. At this point, he says to me: "Dogs...have kidneys???" He was absolutely dumbfounded. I just kind of nodded numbly and left the room to get the doctor. I really wanted to say: "Well, actually sir, dogs are filled with rainbows and candy!!!" :crazy:

·
Registered
875 Posts
LMAO wow that last one was great.

A friend used to work as a receptionist at a vets office, and one day a man called to ask if they could do anything to see how many puppies his dog was going to have. She told him that they could do x rays or a sonagram, and when told how much it was the man says : " Well shes going to have 8 because she has 8 nipples"
:doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts