Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. I have a 4 month old puppy and I鈥檝e noticed that he has an extremely bony throat. When you run your fingers up the throat region, there are a couple of very bony and bulgy bones, is this normal?? Or could it have been an old injury or the harness creating this when he pulls on it? Thanks 馃檹

Premium Member
Other than spinal vertebrae dogs don't have bones in their necks. Are you sure you are not feeling the larynx and trachea? They are harder than muscle and higher up on the front part of the neck than the bones associated with the pectoral girdle (clavicles and scapulas).

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Okay yes it would be what you have said. As it鈥檚 only about a finger distance below the curve of the neck. It鈥檚 the same as ours but thought his may have been protruding a little. But I think it鈥檚 all fine.

Thank you

Super Moderator
I'm happy there doesn't seem to be an issue. :) But jot this down along with anything else that concerns you and run it by your vet. I find it helpful having a list of questions, even if I just review it before the appointment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts