Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paris loves to bounce. A lot. To encourage her not to jump on me, I taught her to bounce striaght up and down infront of me (not ON me!!)
It's windy again today, which means extra nutty playing in the yard. Hubby was playing with the dogs, so I got these pics...

Ready.... steeeeeeeeedy.......

BOUNCE!

BOUNCE!

aaaaaaaaaaannnndddd, BOUNCE!

hah, I was laughing so hard she looked over at me while she's bouncing! hehehe.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kangaroo bouncing:

and bouncing for the rope:

Did I mention she loves bouncing? Lol!!!
Note that these are but a fraction of the bouncing that she did that I managed to catch on camera! Half the other pics I got are half-launched or half-landing cos of my bad timing too. lol.

·
Registered
861 Posts
OMG that is fantastic! Please tell me how you taught her this? Bella's bouncing onto us is such a problem we've been trying to stop.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lol, typical Paris going crazy again!
She is so funny lol
Yes, a video would be great, and then you could get all the stills from the video too

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG that is fantastic! Please tell me how you taught her this? Bella's bouncing onto us is such a problem we've been trying to stop.
Paris naturally bounces a lot, so encouraging her to bounce (lifted arms generally does it) was was easy for a start. Trying to teach her NOT to bounce was a bit pointless, and no fun for anyone! Teaching her not to jump up was almost impossible cos jumping is what she does. So instead she's allowed to bounce, just no touching! She'd get an 'uh uh!' and me stepping out from under her if her feet touched me, but she'd get her toy thrown or a game of tug or whatever when she bounced well, straight up, without touching me! She loves bouncing that the act of bouncing itself is somewhat rewarding by itself, I just made the strict rule that her feet are NOT allowed to touch me!

She still bounces on me somewhat, and seperatly she'll jump up for 'hugs' too, but she has definiatly improved the leaping at me, when she knows she's *allowed* to bounce, as long as the feet stay off me. :p

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is so funny! She sure loves her bouncings!!!! Grace loves to jump up and "bounce" but NOTHING like that....LOL.

Love the pics!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh my goodness, can you hear me laughing? Those photos are wonderful! That's got to be one of the funnier things I've seen a poodle do. Great idea, too, to take that undesirable habit, and turn it into something so joyful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts