Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im so angry words wont express it,but as some of you know i was sold a puppy who was very sick and growly .

He didnt really get better and he kept going for us and even the vet the vet said he had a bad temprement.Also when i went back i asked the breeder if i can see the dad of the pup she said he wasnt here at the moment he was at stud so mmm wonder if he was a lab i still didnt get papers off her so its very iffy!
The breeder had took the pups away from their mum at 5 weeks old and kept them in a barn i found all this out,i had a massive row with the breeder and she took the puppy back,i now feel she was a home made puppy farm it was literally a farm with dogs on it only,i should of known :(

I was dumb :(
Well in the barn that bobby was in was a pen of touy poodles the breeder said she was keeping them all,and a pen with a labrador with babies in too.

Well im very upset as are the kids,but on the bright side daisys breeder has just had a litter of pups from daisys sister from a different litter black boys im considering one maybe,but they wont be ready for 7 weeks.
I do miss bobby but he really wasnt happy and his illness didnt help he really didnt like being handled think he didnt have much human contact :(

Also how big does a minature and toy cross get??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry you had to take the dog back and realized the conditions he came from.

How big the toy/miniature gets is dependant on many factors.

So....it varies.

The dog can take after the toys more in size and appearance or the miniatures........depends on how the genes fall.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wondered when I hadn't heard from you in a bit. Take a few weeks search and you will find the perfect puppy. Dont settle for something if you want a standard search for one. Just learn from these things and move on. I know more now what to look for and what I want in a breeder. Don't care if it is show home or just 2 pets but I will look how many dogs they breeding at once and I want to see the dogs in the house and played with. Mandy was from a house Casey I don't know for sure but surely thing he was from a greeder not a breeder

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I am sorry about Bobby. Why can't breeders be honest about puppies. I am sure that you will find your forever puppy soon.

·
Registered
741 Posts
so sorry for bobby hope his future turns out well. such a shame there as so many bad breeders about

i hope you find you perfect pooch soon pagen
i know you did all you could of bobby

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm so sorry for Bobby to have to go back to that lady... :( What other options you had given the cirumstances I don't know, so for that I am sorry for you too for having had a bad expereince with him. Obviously if it isn't going to work, then it isn't going to work and we can hope that this lady wises up, finds good home for all those pups and then quits breeding. Shame on her for not being honest with you.

Did you happen to see any of his littermates?? Just wondering if perhaps she had them around and if they were healthy? I would think it highly likely that the whole litter was affected with what he had. Again, shame, shame, shame on her!

I hope you find the right puppy for your family. I wouldn't know, but I bet it's a 100 times harder to have to part with a pup if you have kids. Maybe this new litter will have the poodle you've been looking for :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :(

The puppy that i may get will come from Daisys breeder as i know her and she looks after the pups and they live in the house and dont get taken away from the mum.
They are well handled as well,Daisy has a great temprement will keep you all posted,it goes to show there are some real money grabbing people who have no thought for the animals they just see dollar signs!!:(

·
Registered
210 Posts
You are so right about money grabbers and not worring about the puppy. While I was on my 'quest' for a spoo I called several breeders and one had what she thought was going to be silver or blue can't remember. I decided I wanted it and told her I would mail the deposit. THe puppies were 5 days old and I wanted the one male. She said that was fine but if she didn't get it and someone beat me or the mail then I would just have that money on hold for the next litter..... I was like I'm wanting the dog we're discussing but she insisted. I figured if she was this much of a pain in the butt about recieving money in the mail that if I had a problem with the dog later she'd be worse.

Anyhow I am very pleased with the breeder we are going with now even tho I had to wait for the pups to be born and now I'm waiting for them to be big enough...she was fine with holding the pup 48 hours to wait for a money order.

I am sorry you went through the bonding and vet trips. My mom got a dog from a puppy mill and it had a liver shunt and thyroid problems God only knows what else was wrong with it. After a ton of vet bills and the dog just getting worse they had him put to sleep. It's was very hard because they had him several months. They did get their money back but what's it worth after going through all that...

Good luck with the new puppy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alos may i add im sure he wasnt a full breed either i just had a gutt feeling as i never saw the dad and she did have labradors,then when some of you guys said about him looking a big labradoodley well made me think too :(

My children were very upset about him going back but he wasnt getting better and his aggression was definatly getting worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts