Poodle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Tyler
81 Posts
I asked the vet and they also basically said to be patient. They weren’t concerned at this point. Joey lost most of his teeth about a month ago so the ones left are just taking their sweet time. He has 5 baby teeth left but they are all doubles now. He does love chewing but not a power chewer. Like his big brother Bobby, bully sticks are the favorites. He adores playing tug with Bobby so keeping hoping that helps too.😊
It's been years since I gave my dogs a bully stick - back then the urine stench clung to their ankle hair. Is it better now?

I am Tyler's play buddy, but he's also excellent at choosing a different toy and mixing it up with it. My house is almost 100 years old, and the floors aren't perfectly level, which Ty has figured out makes for some awesome ball rolling. He's also feeling his oats, aka testosterone, in the past couple of days (read: humping). Oh the joys of male adolescence!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
We actually had a big one for our Great Dane, Moose, quite a few years ago but he rarely touched it. It is a very well made toy. Joey likes to play with pretty much anything. He’s the least pickiest of our dogs as far as toys. I do have to keep certain ones away or watch carefully as he tends to nibble and chew holes and tear off the fuzz and fur on soft toys. Bobby is extremely gentle with toys, even when he was a pup but he’s always been very selective with toys and chews. Joey is much more chewy and Bobby is a very gentle chewer for the most part. Joey is enjoying his new toy again today so I think it’s a winner. 😊

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
2,766 Posts
Elroy added this to his collection yesterday. He picked it out during last night's walk. Someone had put a small collection of toys curbside in hopes they would be taken away. He carried it all the way home barring a poo and a couple of sniffy distractions! Elroy is very gentle with his stuffed toys. The only one he's really damaged is his squirrel log.
Toy Primate Dog breed Liver Fawn
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Mojo has the exact same Wubba toy (even the same colour!) and I dampened and froze it to help him with teething. It didn’t last more than a few minutes before he tore off the corner. I don’t know whether he’ll continue to chew so aggressively but it would be lovely if he grew up to be more gentle with his toys.

Purple Organism Violet Natural material Material property

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
My baby Joey is growing up so fast! He looks so grown up here! He’s getting ready to visit our senior neighbor. I am hoping maybe that he could be a therapy dog at some point. Still waiting to see how his personality matures though before I decide if we will go that route. He seriously loves people of all ages so far.😍

Dog Carnivore Water dog Dog breed Chair

·
Registered
Tyler
81 Posts
I've brought Tyler to my sister's Assisted Living facility twice now and he was a superstar! Shy the first time in front of the doors, but no fear from the wheelchairs or walkers. He loved the squeals from the residents as they rolled towards him, and gave multiple kisses. And he adores my sister. Gave her a handful of treats so she could have him sit or down and the two of them loved it!

They're a good age right now, I think. A bag full of treats makes a great thing better!

·
Registered
Tyler
81 Posts
Joey and Bobby LOVE the new snuffle mat!!! I totally spoil my boys, I know.😉 It’s hard not to do during the winter when we need interesting things to do.😉
View attachment 486955
View attachment 486956
View attachment 486957
That mat looks much more interesting than the one I originally got for Sully! Sully liked it initially but then his appetite issues took over. Tyler thought it was the bees knees, until he found a pull string on it (had to cut it off) and then figured out he could shake the shinola out of it. Tell me you don't see the evil in this cute face. 😘😂
Dog Plant Wood Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I wasn’t really looking for one. We had one for Bobby, a basic one and he would just shake it so I ended up giving away. I happened to see this interesting one at Petsmart and thought it might be more interesting. It was a total impulse buy. Both boys love it, especially, Joey, so it’s worth it! 😊

·
Registered
Tyler
81 Posts
I wasn’t really looking for one. We had one for Bobby, a basic one and he would just shake it so I ended up giving away. I happened to see this interesting one at Petsmart and thought it might be more interesting. It was a total impulse buy. Both boys love it, especially, Joey, so it’s worth it! 😊
We're headed out to my sister's Assisted Living facility and then PetSmart on Thursday - I'll look for one! Thanks for the info!

p.s. Impulse buys for poodles? Never happens here. 😘😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
It looks like they've really taken to each other. What's better than a poodle in the snow? Two poodles in the snow.
Yes, they really have. 😊I couldn’t ask for a better pairing. It took us absolutely forever to decide what we wanted for a second dog. I was so focused on getting a good match. I think another Standard would have worked nicely too but I clearly see that Joey’s size is so much more doable for us. Another Standard would have been more of a challenge for us as an older couple. Joey is a sturdy, smart and quick little dog and Bobby is absolutely amazing at adjusting himself to Joey’s energy level, etc. so it really works out perfectly. 😊 I really love the Standard and mini combo and the mini being the second dog ended up being a great choice too. It is a joy to watch them play.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes, they really have. 😊I couldn’t ask for a better pairing. It took us absolutely forever to decide what we wanted for a second dog. I was so focused on getting a good match. I think another Standard would have worked nicely too but I clearly see that Joey’s size is so much more doable for us. Another Standard would have been more of a challenge for us as an older couple. Joey is a sturdy, smart and quick little dog and Bobby is absolutely amazing at adjusting himself to Joey’s energy level, etc. so it really works out perfectly. 😊 I really love the Standard and mini combo and the mini being the second dog ended up being a great choice too. It is a joy to watch them play.
If we were to add a 2nd poodle to our family, it would likely be a mini. I agree, it seems to be a winning combination.

·
Registered
Tyler
81 Posts
Bobby loves - really loves - Joey. Seeing them together makes my heart swell.

My Big Guy Mike loved - really loved - his Spoo brothers. Their play was a special kind of play that I will always treasure.

Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog

Two Spoos was an amazing, vibrant, fabulous life that will never be replicated. But the addition of a miniature poodle is such a perfect fit.

Hooray for us!🐩🐩🐩

61 - 80 of 84 Posts