Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 482 Posts
Joey is already a “Big Dog” in a “Little dog’s” body. He loves big toys. He is a very brave little puppy, a little too brave, so I have to watch him like a hawk! He loves “fighting” with the snake and carrying it everywhere!
View attachment 483134
Elroy say the bigger the better, too!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I’m not an expert at this at all so I don’t have the ability to assess at this stage. I think I would know if he absolutely wasn’t but since most puppies are pretty friendly at this age I will have a better feeling once he’s a bit older. I will say that he’s very comfortable being held and touched by others while at this age, while he loved people and kids and still does, Bobby was too excitable and a touch skittish. Joey, right now, is very cuddly, even with strangers. Joey loves my coworkers and he fell asleep in my neighbor’s arms, totally stretched out and relaxed. It was the first time he met her. Therapy dog definitely entered my mind.
Joey is way more mellow as a whole at this age. While he definitely is an active, busy puppy I am quite surprised at his good “off” switch. So, we’ll see. I would love for him to be a therapy dog but I’m not holding onto that too tightly at this point. We’ll see how his personality develops. I think I will have a better feel in a few months. We’ve already labeled him as the “library staff therapy dog.”:)

Awwww he’s so adorable in the snow! And to think, we’re still in shorts and tank tops down here. I took my kids for pictures today in winter clothes and they almost melted. 😂

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Awww…thank you. He is pretty floofy, for sure.
He’s a great little dog. He’s fitting in very well into our household. Puppy class is going well.
He’s a little barky at class but so are some of the other pups.

Discussion starter · #40 · (Edited)
I’m learning stuff everyday! I learned how to “step up” today. I’m a very quick learner. I really like to walk on stuff. I love walking the brick wall (it’s not very high so it’s safe) that surrounds the garden outside. I’m told that I would be great at agility.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Poodle

I went to “puppy play time” yesterday. I took everything in stride but I had more fun greeting all the people rather than playing with all the other puppies. I was quite polite, played a little but mostly liked to observe and greet people. Some puppies were crazy! Maybe it’s because a lot of puppies don’t have an “older brother” they get to wrestle with all the time so they had a lot of pent up energy.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Cloud Companion dog

21 - 40 of 482 Posts