Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Poodle Lovers,

I'm looking for a place to board fozzie during a 3 week trip to europe this fall. I don't want a place that puts him in a kennel all day since he gets a lot of activity and pretty constant human interaction. Ideally it'd be a place where he'd get a lot of dog interaction and lots of activity so that he's so tired he doesn't notice we're gone!

Do you all have any recommendations? I'm willing to drive outside of San Francisco to get some place with the space to give a good experience to Fozzie.

Thanks in advance,

FozziesMom

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Try Dog Gone Good : Contact us

Nickel and I are taking classes from Mike. He and his wife Rose [415-420-4764] do board small dogs in their home in Berkeley. He has dogs and better yet, he has a standard poodle and maybe two other dogs, if I remember correctly. And he LOVES poodles (he has been telling me to leave Nickel to him if I ever need to go on a vacation because he loves poodles and I think he has only given out that 'invitation' to Nickel and another poodle pup in the class). They only take in 2-3 small dogs at a time so you might want to check with them ahead of time.

p.s. Call Rose about boarding arrangement.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
In San Francisco, there are quite a few options. Have you checked out smarty pup and s.f. puppy prep, don't know if they do boarding. I know a lady that pretty much does poodles only with few exceptions. She lives close to me in the avenues and boards in her house and walks at the beach and fort funston.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi PoodleLover, I'd love the recommendation in the avenues. (feel free to private message me) FozziesDad grew up there so it's no trouble to go. Since fozzie's over one year he's not eligible for SF Puppy Prep. I will look at smarty pup but honestly, what you and SchnauzerPoodle are talking about are what I'm looking for. I cannot bear the thought of Fozzie locked in a dog run for 3 weeks with only minimal interaction and exercise. My heart sinks just thinking about it. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts