Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been discussed here but I was wondering how much to use. I don't want a Blue dog. (Or maybe I do.):scared:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
it depends on the brand! And if in doubt, dilute way more than you think; you can always add a bit more! And if it's somewhat blue, just use a normal shampoo to wash it down some more to reduce the blue-ness... lol

I am currently planning when I can next give Paris a bath and I'm gonna turn her purple with the purple shampoo I have. LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
You add enough to turn the shampoo a LIGHT sky blue. Not the dark Colorado sky blue. :)

If you do end up dying the dog blue, don't worry, it washes out after a couple of vigorous shampoos!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, I tried using concentrated purple shampoo on Paris, and I even left it on for 20 mins. She has a very faint tint to her now, but she's certainly not dyed purple. *sigh*

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm lost, what is bluing and is it something that I might want to do to Jazz Lol? and FD what purple shampoo do you have? I want some. I'm gong crazy with an all white dog... Heaven above I don't think she's been undyed for this long since I've had her.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried it before I got very many replies and wasn't impressed. I mixed it pretty dark, didn't measure. He didn't turn blue but he doesn't look whiter either. I'm definately going to order some whitening shampoo but I may try this again before the stuff I order gets here. Maybe it gives better results over time?

Oh, bluing is in the Luandry detergent aisle. It's supposed to intensify whites. It says right on the bottle that it's nontoxic and can be used on pets.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I tried it before I got very many replies and wasn't impressed. I mixed it pretty dark, didn't measure. He didn't turn blue but he doesn't look whiter either. I'm definately going to order some whitening shampoo but I may try this again before the stuff I order gets here. Maybe it gives better results over time?
No, I got excellent results in only one use. What type of dog are you using it on? Maybe coat type makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
will it perhaps remove mild staining? this could be the answer to the shampoo question i posted last night. Jazz is stained mostly from dirt and it isnt comming out with normal shampoo. she's very dingy looking.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Probably not related, but I use blue Dawn dish detergent on my bichon's stubbornly stained areas along with her shampoo and it works wonders. After I lather her up with her regular shampoo, I add just a few drops to her feet and under her mouth. I figure it must be gentle enough for all of those baby animals that are victims of oil spills, that it's probably ok on Cosita too. She's been known to get hotspots with certain shampoos, but dawn seems to do the trick, in addition to the regular shampoo of course.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sometimes repeated bluing will make the dogs grayish looking.
Ive used the horse shampoo ( like Silverado) and if left to long will make the dogs sort of blue :). If you use a horse product, make sure you also use a conditioner, as the shampoo tends to strip the coat.
In Colorado I never had to use harsh cleaners, but here in NC with the red clay it's a whole new game..arrrghhhh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts