Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a blue spoo! In addition to paying me for my dryer, my friend has decided to reduce the # of dogs she has and guess what!!!!!! She is giving me her blue spoo!!!!!! She is on the small side, but she will be great for agility! She is very sweet and I can not wait, she is coming home on Monday! She was going to adopt her out on a spayed, but since she is a sound bitch and my husband said I could have her she is giving her to MEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I am soooooo excited, I have liked her every since she got her! She is not making me get her spayed and so I will still be able to take her into the show ring as well as agility! I am not concerned about finishing her in conformation since she is smaller, but it will give me more practice in the ring even if she does not finish. She has a great personality and would be great for both. I think she may stay one as secondary owner, but that ok with me. She also has a male altered spoo who is black, he is my Yanna's littermate, he has a wonderful personality and would make a GREAT companion for someone, she will be making sure she gets a good match for him as well. I don't have any pics but will get some as soon as I can! My only worry is that she will not "blend" well with the rest of us, but I will try hard to make her feel loved and a part of our family.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow what a turn around form the previous situation!! money and a dog are totally worth a dryer :p How fun!! I can't wait to see pictures of her. heheh I wonder what your babies are gonna think of her.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully everyone will be ok with eachother...She is a year old, and has been around my dogs, but only on a limited basis, but has never been around kids....I have 2 yr old twins so introductions will be VERY supervised. She has been around other little dogs though and my dogs are WELL socialized with other dogs, so I am not worried about them but with her it will be a play by ear, if she remembers my girls I have no worries. I am sooooooo happy about her coming here, and about my friend telling me she was going to find a new home for her. I think she thought my hubby would object..well I did to, but since she is free......he said ok! He is not a big dog person, but he knows it will make me happy so he supports my desire lol. I lucked out...She had just decided the night before she called me! I am going to try to help her find homes for the other dogs she is placing as well and I told her that if for some reason she did not fit here, I would make sure to find her a good home so she would not have to take her back and try to find her a home again. I can barely contain myself LOL!!!! I will do my best to make sure she does fit here!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
OMG, Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! Quick - run over there and take some!! LoL.

Also glad to hear your friend payed you for the dryer and there was no drama over it. Hummm seems you came out waay ahead in that deal as a matter of fact LOL. Maybe I should loan some of my stuff out and see how many people try and give me a poodle in return ROFL... Hubby would divorce me!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG, Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! Quick - run over there and take some!! LoL.

Also glad to hear your friend payed you for the dryer and there was no drama over it. Hummm seems you came out waay ahead in that deal as a matter of fact LOL. Maybe I should loan some of my stuff out and see how many people try and give me a poodle in return ROFL... Hubby would divorce me!
LOL! My husband had put a time frame on me for my next poodle, it was 2 yrs lol, but when he found out I did not have to pay for her and she was already tested vaccinated chipped and sound lol, he changed his mind! LOL!!! I really did not think he would lol. I have checked with her for the last 3 days to make sure she was not going to change her mind before I posted here LOL!! I did not want to jinx anything lol. Her name is Roxie, but I am going to change it lol, her reg name is you dont have to put on the red light lol! So they call her roxie for Roxanne. I want to find a name I like lol. I am hoping she will do well at agility, she is sporty so I think she will. I am glad that she trust me enough to have her without a spay and all, we have talked and later when her others are older and she is ready I am going to give her a pup out of one of her litters. I am truely excited!!!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
thats great, yeah I hope you find a name that fits her and you. Nothing against roxy or anything :)

Best of luck in agility with her. I really wanted to do agility with Jazz but alas that is just not her calling. She doesn't seem to really enjoy some of the more complex training. Therapy work on the other hand.... well LoL, She LOVES that. Saleen is going to have to step up and be my super performance dog lol - so far she is loving that.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats great, yeah I hope you find a name that fits her and you. Nothing against roxy or anything :)

Best of luck in agility with her. I really wanted to do agility with Jazz but alas that is just not her calling. She doesn't seem to really enjoy some of the more complex training. Therapy work on the other hand.... well LoL, She LOVES that. Saleen is going to have to step up and be my super performance dog lol - so far she is loving that.
Thanks, nope nothing against anyone on wanting to find a new name, I have a cousin named Roxanna and I grew up with her yelling at everyone who sang that song to her LOL!! Because "my name is RoxannA not RoxannE" is what she would say lol so I grew up not really caring for the name lol. We will se how she is once I get her, she may not have the ability for agility LMAO! But I am going to find something she will like to do.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And you're a poet as well! LOL Congratulations on your new addition to the family. What a wonderful deal for you.
LOL!! I know right?? LOL!!! I am not sure how things will go because she has not really been socialized outside of her home the only places she has really been is to the vet......it will be a challenge I know that, and I really hope I am up to it. I am glad I have the forum now though that way if I have more questions I know who to ask!

Congratulations on a great deal! You can never have enough blue spoos LOL :smile:
Blues are VERY pretty, silver is still my fave but blues......wow they are pretty I am not sure what color blue she will be if she will be the darker inky black or if she will turn out to be that really pretty russian blue cat blue but I will love her all the same. She also had her litter mate and she was a silver, but a VERY submissive girl, peed EVERYWHERE when you would come up to her, and she did not get better as she got older. She was adopted out as well, she was not the right temperment for agility or any compatition and conformation was out because she was off a little in the hocks.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wouldn't worry about her in the right home she will blossem and become a doll. Afterall she is a spoo.
Give her time love and patience and shorty she will be a normal well adjusted dog.
Naddie the Neopoliton mastiff that was in a TO small crate and bred for 7 years is the softest most loving thing a person could ask for. A little bit of a bugger in that she lays down if she thinks you are putting her away in her pen outside but you can lift her, drag her whatever and no aggression. We are working on it with cheese popcorn and dog treats and it gets a little easier each day.
Find what her jump through hoops thing is and have some on hand always in a pouch.
Bacon, hot dog, cheese string, whatever but always have some on hand in a pocket.
When is she coming home? Does she have a crate or a safe spot that she can go to to get away from it off if gets stressed?
We need pics
And congrats on your friend for seeing the light that she has to many to care for properly.
Not to put a damper on your high but make sure you get a signed paper that she gave her to you or you could end up in court over it. Just protect yourself hun

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to do my best with her, she is signing ownership over to me so she will be registered in my name, she may stay on as second but not sure but I will be primary. She is giving me her crate as well, I will probably give it back after she gets comfy here, since I think it is on the small side, but I do not want to take it from her just yet because it smells like home....but soon after probably a couple weeks. It was actually her hubby that finally saw the light lol, she has been trying to tell him for awhile....she went to Nationals this month and he discovered how much work it was to take care of so many on his own, since she has been doing it all...now he knows and has finally agreed to let her find homes for some of them. She comes home tomorrow! I can not wait, after she adjusts and I make sure she is totally house broken, she will probably end up sleeping in the bed with our daughter lol, just like Tynk. With Zoey's surgery, she has not been able to sleep with her because of her leg, she has a high bed and no stairs, since it will be a temp thing we are just letting her sleep in her crate at night instead and she has no problems with it. Tynk and Zoey's crates are the small pet guardian canvas ones, you could put a cocker in there comfortably and they are only toys LOL!!! LOTS of room, I think you could fit 3-4 toys in there lol and still have room, it is huge lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to pick up Kiara this afternoon at the grooming shop Amber works at! I am soooooo excited, I am going to ask her to give her a bath a blow dry for me before I get there so she is nice and clean when I introduce her to my husband, he is off today and with him not being a dog person, it is better that first impressions are the best they can be lol I will post pics as soon as I get some!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts