Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Blue a good dog food? The vet recommended science diet, but I heard all the corn wasn't good for them. Luke really seems to like Blue, and the ingredients list looked good to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
681 Posts
My dogs love it, it is one of the highest quality dry foods out there, I think. My one dog has gluten intolerance and it is one of the few foods out there that doesn't make her ill.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's unfortunate that vets are pcienceid to push Science Diet. For people whose jobs are to keep pets healthy, you'd think they would promote only the best foods!! Shame to say, they obviously don't. My vet recommended SD for me too, and it gave Desmond very loose stools and he showed a significant improvement when I switched to Blue. I LOVE Blue. It's an excellent dry food, and I fed it to Desmond until I found out that a small pet supplies store sells Orijen, so we switched to that. But Blue is absolutely my next best to Orijen. Love that stuff- Desmond did too!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My dogs loved BB - they are fed Raw now but IF I would ever go back to kibble BB would be my first choice.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
This is what I think of whenever I hear "Science Diet." When I had my German Shepherds, I thought it was supposed to be a good food. My one dog ate the whole bowl, very quickly, and instantly turned around and projectile vomited the entire bowl onto my new shoes! I had just finished getting ready to go out. It was so awful, it made me laugh. After that, no more Science Diet!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
My two oldies (non-poodles) are on BB Senior. They're doing very well on it. I feel it's a good quality kibble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts